Outlook search not works in Monterey

I have a new MBP M1, with fresh Monterey. I moved my data with the assistant from the old MBP, I have all the letters in Outlook (v15.46), but search in Outlook not works, it gives a "No results found" message in all folders. Old methods for reindex Spotlight is not working (eg. add and remove Main Profile to Spotlight). How can I solve this problem? Thanks

Post marked as downvoted Up vote post of moroczi Down vote post of moroczi
68k views
  • Same issue on Mac Book Pro 14 on Monterey. Outlook shows no search results. Tried following steps:

Deleting/Adding exchange accountInstalling Outlook againAdding and removing Outlook Profile from Spotlight privacy tab per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/outlook-for-mac/useful-tools
  • Same issue here. I setup my new 16" MBP M1 Max using target mode a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Setup another user using the same method and his indexing didn't work. Had to set the machine up from scratch for it to start working properly. We both ran the update today and now we're getting "No results". I did all of the suggestions from Microsoft and none of them work.

• Im on the latest 12.1 Monterey and the latest version of Outlook V 16.56 (21121100) and my search has stopped working also as well as my smart folder which is supposed to show my flagged emails but now shows "No results"

Replies

I have the same situation in my macbook 14

• I tried everything mentioned above, not working! During the the reindex, it somehow works but after reindex completed, it quits again.

• YES - while spotlight is actually indexing it actually works. If you touch all files in the Profiles directory and below that also forces a reindex and during that time you get results but these when disappear when the touch finishes. #find . -type f -exec touch {} ;

Microsoft support (on my O365 subscription) have no frigging clue that they even supported M1 native LOL

We are screwed until they decide to fix it.

BTW I have 12.1

Add a Comment

Updating Monterey from Version 12.0 to 12.0.1 fixed this issue. Outlook search now working as expected.

• I have 12.0.1 and the search feature still isn't working even after following the reindexing instructions.

Add a Comment

I have 12.0.1, but unfortunately it is not working. Any idea to rebuild the outlook database?

• I also have 12.0.1 on a MacBook Pro 14 and Outlook search is not working. I deleted the Outlook Main Profile, added all my email accounts again, and left it overnight to download all the emails. With that completed, still no search function. Followed the "Remove Outlook Profile from Spotlight privacy tab per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/outlook-for-mac/useful-tools" procedure per pepperwhite above. Hoping that eventually Spotlight will index all my mail as those instructions from Microsoft seem to promise, although Activity Monitor doesn't show much activity other than mds_stores (supposedly using around 160 % CPU). Am I on the right track?

Add a Comment

Same problem here, macbook 14" Tried all suggested solution, but none works.

Has anyone solved the problem yet?

Same problem MacBook Pro 14, Monterey 12.0.1, Outlook 16.55

I have a same problem MB Pro 16" with M1 Max.

• Same here tried reinstalling outlook 16.55 on new MB pro M1 MAX without any change to search results... Anybody got an answer?

Add a Comment

Seems like we're living parallel lives! Exactly the same for me, just got a new Mac Pro 14" this weekend, used migration assistant to transfer everything from a well-beaten Mac Air and all essentially went well - except searching in Outlook (365). I've tried putting main ID into Spotlight Privacy and taking it out, restarting and other things that don't involve rebuilding identities, just because I'm lacking in confidence and basically scared I'll do something wrong! It seems to me though that something so common must have a simple answer, so I'm just hoping that someone might come up with it! If I do, I'll post it back.

me too !

same incr frustrated

Same for me, Macbook Pro 14 M1 Max, tried everything, even deleting "Outlook.sqlite" and have no result. I think we should wait for the MacOS update.

Right now I am using Mac Mail in parallel to be able to search all my mails from exchange and use outlook mainly for calendars. It's a ****** setup, but at least it works for now. Hoping for software updates soon.

• Yep, this is my incredibly poor solution.

Add a Comment

You think it is a MacOs problem or it is a Microsoft problem? I asked it in a Microsoft forum as well, but still no answer. Mail can be good for incoming search, but needs extra work for outgoing letters

• I am solving it with them 3 days and we still have no result. We tried the standard procedures, but nothing worked. We'll probably have to wait for an update of MacOS.

• I am working with MS to solve the problem for the last 2 days. Not working. I confirm that it's is only a problem with Outlook spotlight and that the general spotlight features does find the elements, contact, events and mails. It is a temporary fastidious solution. I am thinking of downgrading from Monterey 12.2.1 to Monterey 12.0 or Big Sur. I do not know if the problem comes form MS or Apple. I assume it's up to to MS to build the necessary updates and patches. 4 months to do that, and not done.

Add a Comment

same problem here. New MBP 14" with Monterey 12.0.1. Outlook search without any results.

• I have OS Monterey 12.1 but seems like this problem is not going away with the Beta updates. On one hand, you could say that it is a Microsoft issue because they need to make their products compatible but on the other, you could argue that it only happened with the new update some 4-5 weeks ago. I haven't gone through this whole thread, just commenting on your reply.

Add a Comment

I am in the some boat, have a new MBP 14" moved over data using migration Asst. cannot get Outlook to show any search results. Using Web-based Outlook for work as temporary solution, but would appreciate an update on fixing this.

• Submitted in error

Add a Comment

Does search work for Outlook in Office 365? I am using Outlook for Mac 16.16.27. Is it time to upgrade? — king17 less than a minute ago Edit this post

• I have OS Monterey 12.1 but seems like this problem is not going away with the Beta updates. On one hand, you could say that it is a Microsoft issue because they need to make their products compatible but on the other, you could argue that it only happened with the new update some 4-5 weeks ago.

• I'm struggling with this major issue for a month after migrating to my new MacBook Pro M1 and even started communicating and raising ticket to Microsoft contact support but unfortunately there is no resolution yet. It's really hard to work with Outlook without search option. please help if you find out any temporary/permanent solution.

• Pls down grade to Big Sur and everything works fine. Don't forget to backup your data. Thanks