"your session has expired, please log in"

i repeatedly am getting this message for 1 account when trying to upload to the app store from xcode

i tried to delete the account and re-login, and tried xcode7.3 and xcode8

i am able to log in to developer.apple.com and itunesconnect.apple.com with this account

and i am able to log in to xcode with a different account

the account seems up to date (contracts accepted, etc)

any one have any clues as to what is going on?

• I had this happen ... for me it turned out that I was signed into the MAC using a different Apple ID. In Xcode I was unable to sign in using either ID, and when I tried I got the "session expired" message.

I signed OUT of the MAC ... so no Apple ID signed into the Mac. I was able to delete the Apple ID and sign in to XCODE then I was able to sign in to the Mac again (using the different Apple ID)

• try the Transporter mac app (avail on mac app store i think) for uploading binaries to app store. seems much more stable and faster than direct xcode upload. only allows 1 login at a time but, meh, good enough.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Two-Factor Authentication worked! Sorry, neglected to restart xCode after switching authentication.

Onced I signed in again at the "session expired" prompt after restart, all is good!

Replies

I had this problem as well. Set up the two-factor authentication and I'm able to sign in to Xcode account now. Thanks for your discovery. Unfortunately Apple is not very supportive.

So i set up TF-A so the nag screen about my session expired would go away. Rebooted, and now I can't log into my mackbook pro. It's my company's mac where I use my domain account to log in... now that password no longer works.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Apple heads up!!!! many people having same issue

Thanks

Pavan

Hi Ronin

Thanks for the answer it worked for me too.

Two-Factor Authentication now is required?

I am now able to access all functions in XCode without having to use Two-Factor Authentication.

I have the same issue on Big Sur (Xcode from App Store) running on the new Developer Transition Kit, which means I'm stuck before even starting to port my app.
@c1sc0 you can use Xcode 12 to either port your app or to re-setup the signing. I've found out that the issue is related to Xcode 11 on Big Sur but it works fine in Xcode 12 :)

The following steps works for me! 1.open "key chain" app 2.select login and search "xcode" 3.delete "com.apple.gs.xcode.auth.com.apple.account.AppleIDAuthentication.token" then login success!

Wish that can help you all.