"your session has expired, please log in"

i repeatedly am getting this message for 1 account when trying to upload to the app store from xcode

i tried to delete the account and re-login, and tried xcode7.3 and xcode8

i am able to log in to developer.apple.com and itunesconnect.apple.com with this account

and i am able to log in to xcode with a different account

the account seems up to date (contracts accepted, etc)

any one have any clues as to what is going on?

• I had this happen ... for me it turned out that I was signed into the MAC using a different Apple ID. In Xcode I was unable to sign in using either ID, and when I tried I got the "session expired" message.

I signed OUT of the MAC ... so no Apple ID signed into the Mac. I was able to delete the Apple ID and sign in to XCODE then I was able to sign in to the Mac again (using the different Apple ID)

• try the Transporter mac app (avail on mac app store i think) for uploading binaries to app store. seems much more stable and faster than direct xcode upload. only allows 1 login at a time but, meh, good enough.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Two-Factor Authentication worked! Sorry, neglected to restart xCode after switching authentication.

Onced I signed in again at the "session expired" prompt after restart, all is good!

Replies

I had the same problem and until now I can´t solve it. I´ve tried the same as you, to remove accounts but I can´t fix.

same here, any ideas?

Having the same issue. XCode updated to 8.2 this morning. Cant sign in to account due to "your session has expired" issue.

Tried setting up Two-Factor Authentication to no avail. Unable to upload and test apps. Hope Apple patches this one quickly!

seems like Apple is forcing developers to uses "2 factors" password security. i fixed it by applying the 2 factors security.

So can you still confirm that two-factor authentication did not work for you? GCS Developer says that setting up two-factor authentication worked for him.

Is there an official announcement from Apple about it forcing 2-factor authentication or else this error?

Two-Factor Authentication worked! Sorry, neglected to restart xCode after switching authentication.

Onced I signed in again at the "session expired" prompt after restart, all is good!

This is madness.... did anyone found a work around for this issue?

Not as far as I know. It seems they just dropped it on us.

I am having this problem as well. My account does not have two-factor authentication enabled and I'm able to sign in to developer.apple.com and itunesconnect.apple.com without any issue.

Will this be fixed soon?

Strange thing is, another account works okay (different company). Can upload binaries for it. And I am not doing any

2 factor auth on it when signing into xcode for it. Though whether the client had set up 2 fac

auth for that account, I havent checked.

Please Apple... This is very frustrating.

Adding Two factor authentication to the account worked for me also, whew. Xcode7.3

Some large company in California needs to hire some interns to make better error message files.

After installing Apps, I tried to see if turning Two-Factor Authentication off would have a negative affect.

Sure enough, once T-FA was turned off, I got the "Session Expired" notice.

I guess were either going to have to wait for Apple to address the issue or run T-FA, which is a pain in the *** having to authenticate for 10 devices!

I am having the same error message. I was able to archive a build Wed @ 5:30pm CST. Then was trying to compile another build for a different app Thur @ 8:00am CST and could not. I checked my accounts under preferences and I am getting the Sign In Again. Deleted the Apple Id. Try to re add and I am getting the message "session expired". This is happending on both xcode 8.1 and 8.2 and two different laptops and two different accounts. I have not tried the two-factor setup yet. Waiting to see if Apple responds at least for a few hours.