"NO_CRASH_STACK + 0" Crash (only on testflight)

Suddenly, I'm having this problem where my app crashes when I install it over testflight.

I initially thought it was the CI infrastructure using Xcode 13.0 but moving it to Xcode 13.1 had the same result.

Also, the problem persists when distributing from my local development machine.

Building directly to my device works perfectly. It's the testflight build that fails.

This is the crash Report

The good thing is that the App we are developing is completely Open Source and the code can be found here https://github.com/zcash/secant-ios-wallet/releases/tag/0.0.1-7

We are not using any crash reporter. The only external code we are using is the TCA dependency.

• This issue still happen to me Xcode 14.0, Any updates ????

• I'm facing almost the same issue with XCode 13.2.1 , is there a workaround?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Check out this other thread which describes the root cause, which is Xcode versions. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/696197

I am one of the people affected. When I built an app for Testflight with Xcode 13.1 (App Store version), it crashes on launch when installed from TestFlight, as everyone describes.

The same app built and uploaded with Xcode 13.2 RC (no code changes on my side, only build number bump) installs from Testflight and runs fine on both iOS 14 and 15.

• Thanks! This is kind of a brutal bug. I don't think that RC is actually on my CI of choice. :/

Add a Comment

Replies

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 dyld … __abort_with_payload + 8
1 dyld … abort_with_payload_wrapper_internal + 104 (terminate_with_reason.c:102)
2 dyld … abort_with_payload + 16 (terminate_with_reason.c:124)
3 dyld … dyld4::halt(char const*) + 328 (DyldProcessConfig.cpp:2046)
4 dyld … dyld4::prepare(dyld4::APIs&, dyld3::MachOAnalyzer const*) + 3280 (dyldMain.cpp:0)
5 dyld … start + 488 (dyldMain.cpp:869)

That is a strange crash. Something is preventing the dynamic linker from starting up, so it deliberately crashes your process by calling abort_with_payload. Unfortunately the crash report does not capture the payload, which would have given us a clue as to what’s going wrong.

Suddenly, I'm having this problem where my app crashes when I install it over testflight.

Presumably that means that you can reproduce it on one of your own devices? If so, use Console on the Mac to monitor the system log of device. I suspect that it might offer some hints as to what’s going wrong.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Check out this other thread which describes the root cause, which is Xcode versions. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/696197

I am one of the people affected. When I built an app for Testflight with Xcode 13.1 (App Store version), it crashes on launch when installed from TestFlight, as everyone describes.

The same app built and uploaded with Xcode 13.2 RC (no code changes on my side, only build number bump) installs from Testflight and runs fine on both iOS 14 and 15.

• Thanks! This is kind of a brutal bug. I don't think that RC is actually on my CI of choice. :/

Add a Comment

Hi Quinn, thanks for your quick reply. Indeed every user is experiencing this.

I kindly attach two logs. One shorter version that has a search term "ANY" for "secant" and then the same logs with everything it's being logged on that second of time.

Did you look into Jaanus suggestion.

Share and Enjoy

• I just did. Building Xcode RC2 solves the problem

• Yay!

Add a Comment

today i installed my app on app store. when I try to open app it crash. I downloaded crash logs from Organizer. it says: NO_CRASH_STACK + 0

Should we do something? or should we do wait Apple solve this issue?

This issue is still occurring on iOS12 on Xcode 13.2.1 . Please update with a fix for this asap

This issue still happen to me Xcode 14.0, Any updates or any reasons for that, please ??

The NO_CRASH_STACK + 0 summary can be caused by many different issues. I’m happy to look into your specific issue, but for that I’ll need a full Apple crash report. Please start a new thread with that crash report, making sure to tag it with Debugging so that I see it.

For advice on how to include a crash report in your post, see Posting a Crash Report.

Share and Enjoy

It will also appear on xcode 14.2, iOS 11.4.1 (15G77) Device iPhone 7Plus

Experiencing the same issue here (Xcode 14.2), not on testflight but on PRODUCTION!

Any solution?

Given the amount of time that’s passed, I suspect that this is a different issue with similar symptoms. I’ll respond over on your other thread.

Share and Enjoy