Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

• Same issue here. Same Xcode and OS versions, on M1. I tried removing and re-adding the package, but that didn't fix it.

• :( Same issue. Even tried creating a brand new Swift Package (blank w/one test) and still seeing the issue, so it doesn't seem project specific...

• Same issue here.

Apple Recommended

• If they have fixed it, why isn't it available as an update via the usual Software Update in System Preferences?

• I needed to click UPDATE on the Xcode 13 page in the App Store. Maybe this was because the server was very busy at that time. Anyway, 13.2.1 is working now.

• Now the app store update is stuck in going from 13.2 to 13.2.1, looks like I have to delete the previous store version.

Replies

I have the same issue. FB9807975. MacBook Pro 2019 16" i9.

Am yet to upgrade to Monterey 12.1, so trying that now in case it resolves this although from what I'm reading elsewhere, doesn't seem to.

• Of potential note: I never installed the Xcode 13.2 RC nor any Xcode 13.2 beta.

Add a Comment

We're currently investigating this issue — thank you to those who have filed bug reports so far.

To workaround this issue, please re-download Xcode 13.2 directly from Releases section of the Apple Developer website. This information is also captured in the Xcode 13.2 Release Notes.

If you still encounter this issue after downloading that specific version of Xcode, please open a bug report using Feedback Assistant, and post the FB number here.

• When I open the More Downloads page you linked to I do not see any available software to download. Also cannot access previous versions of xcode from my developer page.

• @siya1030, I've updated the instructions, please use the updated link. As to not being able to see anything on the More Downloads page, please contact Developer Account support.

• Direct download from developer.apple.com just started listing Xcode 13.2 here. Using the direct download version (rather than the App Store version) solved the problem here. For those that don't see the download, it wasn't listed here earlier either...it showed up some hours after the Xcode 13.2 was available in the App Store.

I have an M1 Mac mini with Big Sur 11.6.2 and a MacBook Pro M1 Pro with Monterrey 12.1. Both have this issue with Xcode 13.2. So it has nothing to do with macOS version.

I can confirm that downloading Xcode from https://developer.apple.com/download/release/ fixes the issue. It is strange that build which is in App Store does not work

• Doesn’t this download page just take you to the AppStore for downloading ?

• @gabor.sajo , No

• Indeed. There is a direct link now. And this version works 👍

Add a Comment

Same here. My setup is now just completely broken.

"Just redownload" would be a convenient solution... if Xcode wasn't so ridiculously large. It's larger than the entire OS. I actually had to free hard-drive space just to be able to download the update (wanna know the biggest thing I removed? Xcode caches! 12GB, including multiple GBs of "indexes" per Swift package) -- and even then, it took 4 (!!!) hours.

As a developer, I feel like Apple doesn't care about me, or value my time. If regular customers were seeing issues like this? It'd be a priority 1, show-stopping bug. But because it's only developers? Nobody cares. Get your act together, Apple! This is no way for any developer to treat their users -- even if those users are "only" other developers!

This was happening on macOS 11.6 (Why not 12.0? Because I updated, and it was also horribly broken; tap to click on the trackpad was broken, the cursor was jittery, and my WiFi became really dodgy).

I'm terribly disappointed. This feels like 1990s Microsoft - just disgustingly complacent across the board.

• Million of bows. I feel the same.

• "This was happening on macOS 11.6" —doesn't Xcode 13 require macOS 12?

Add a Comment

same with me. Please check and test before releasing a version to the user. If not please don't release . -_-

Also, why has this not been pulled from the AppStore when it is clearly broken and even the release notes acknowledge that?

Just. Seriously. 🤦‍♂️

What is even going on?!

• why would they care for this? money still comes like crazy from China so you don't matter lol

Add a Comment

Same issue here, Xcode 13.2 on Monterey 12.0.1.

Apple how so? Don't you have testers? Why does the IDE perform worse with every update?

Same issue here :(

Facing the same issue. I just finished updating to Xcode 13.2 from the App Store and now I can't compile my project. 13.2 RC was working fine - but, I deleted it thinking the App Store version would be the same. Apparently not.

I'm now left with having to re-download Xcode 13.2 from releases, on a 4Mbit line. I.e., my work day is done before it has even began. I also need to explain the loss of the work day to my employer.

Thanks Apple for:

• not testing your releases
  • thinking that everybody around the world is on a 200Gbps FTTH line.
  • Same here, every new Xcode update, I have to do shenanigans to make it compile previously working project, it burns my working time. Even if you have fast enough broadband for re-download more stable RC, you still have wait for installation. On my mbp 15" core i7 it takes 2-4 hours easily.

Add a Comment

I want to know the reason. The build number downloaded from developer.apple.com is the same as the one downloaded from Appstore. What factors cause Appstore to cause this problem? In other words, when a new version of Xcode is released to the Appstore, does Apple not conduct self-tests?

Been downloading from developer.apple.com for 2.5 hours now, download speed is constantly dropping - from 3MB/s, to 1.5MB/s, to 900KB/s, to 850KB/s. I guess the servers are getting hammered. Still 1.5 hours to go, if it retains it's current speed (which I very much doubt).

Basically, no work can be done today.

But we still have deadlines, and customers who depend on us. That means people are likely going to have to come in this weekend - the last weekend before Christmas - to get things finished.

I'm beyond disgusted.

Same problem with 2020 m1 macbookpro

I have the same issue... In my case, half the dependencies were in Cocoapods, the other half in SPM, so I just moved all dependencies to Cocoapods and it works now...

I have the same issue with the AppStore Version.