Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

• Same issue here. Same Xcode and OS versions, on M1. I tried removing and re-adding the package, but that didn't fix it.

• :( Same issue. Even tried creating a brand new Swift Package (blank w/one test) and still seeing the issue, so it doesn't seem project specific...

• Same issue here.

Apple Recommended

• If they have fixed it, why isn't it available as an update via the usual Software Update in System Preferences?

• I needed to click UPDATE on the Xcode 13 page in the App Store. Maybe this was because the server was very busy at that time. Anyway, 13.2.1 is working now.

• Now the app store update is stuck in going from 13.2 to 13.2.1, looks like I have to delete the previous store version.

Replies

Same issue here!!

Add a Comment

Jesus cry, it broke my project for latest update Xcode 13.2 on macOS Monterey 12.1

Add a Comment

To fix!!!!

1. Remove Xcode 13.2 (that was installed from AppStore)
  2. Download and install Xcode 13.2 from https://developer.apple.com/download/release/

This resolve broken Swift Packages issue for me!!

• for me didn't solved the problem...

• Be sure to file a feedback request on this specific issue.

• Thanks. Did it without removing the app store one. was having the same issue. Read this comment and deleted app store version. Now it works :)

Add a Comment

Swift Packages - Problem

• AppStore Version has a problem when used on projects that use Swift packages,
  • It throws the error Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule

Workaround

Note:

• In case you download from Developer portal and delete the old Xcode, you might need to add the Git and Apple accounts.
  • Otherwise you wouldn't be able to add packages / re-fetch packages
  • Nope! The same issue

• The copy of Xcode at https://developer.apple.com/download/release/ does work without problems.

• No, actually, some of us are still having problems with that version of Xcode, like crashing when building or just starting Xcode.

I'm sure the devs working on this module are panicking right now, might as well add a shout-out to them for how nice SPM normally is.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of BasO Down vote reply of BasO
  • Very true! SPM has been great for me. This is just a small hiccup.

Add a Comment

Downloading Xcode from Developer account is wasting of time. It's exactly the same build level as the version from the App Store (13C90). Knowing the speed of fixing bugs with Xcode, better downgrade to the version 13.1

• Wait, it can be a good sign? So AppStore might be already offering the fixed version? I'm looking at mine UPDATE in the AppStore and can't figure out which version it will be installing, shame. So 13C90 gives that error when installed via AppStore and doesn't give it when installed via dev downloads? These might be still different builds, even if numbered the same - that already happened previously, to perfect the chaos.

• no, it works, see the release notes.

Add a Comment

Is it viable to use Microsoft's Visual Studio instead of relying on Xcode?

• Go ahead and try it, then report back to the group with your learnings.

• Hmmmmm... that would be an interesting project...

• Please do help us, even try vscode

Add a Comment

I have the same issue with Xcode 13.2 from the App Store, on M1 Pro and Intel MBP. Xcode won't show build destinations for Swift packages and won't build them. Can't select any targets inside Swift packages.

Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule

The same Xcode version (13C90) from https://developer.apple.com/download/release/ works fine.

• Same issue here - I am downloading 13.2 directly from website.

Add a Comment

I had weird errors like this when trying out M1… setting up libraries on M1 requires additional details around chip set arch and not following it during installation doesn’t throw any error but its just doesn’t work during build/compile time. As an example, checkout this thread https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65342769/install-node-on-m1-mac

Same here

So, after trying out the releases section version, it now crashes when I attempt to build the project.

I.e., I now have 3 versions of Xcode, same version number, same build number exhibiting the following behaviors:

1. App Store version: SPM does not work

2. Releases downloadable version: Crashes on build

3. RC version: works

🤷‍♂️

• Yup. Xcode 13.2 downloaded from the releases page crashes on startup with a message like

Application Specific Information: Swift/arm64e-apple-macos.swiftinterface:13494: Fatal error: Duplicate values for key: 'https://github.com/Quick/Nimble' ProductBuildVersion: 13C90

Not sure if this is related...

Add a Comment

Same old same

Same issue here

I'm facing same issues and I have 3 apps that need to be pushed to review before Christmas :(

As a temp solution, i downloaded Xcode 13.1 from here, unarchive it, and use without uninstalling current Xcode version. Now i'm able to build and run projects with SPM. This is kind of workaround until apple will fix current version.

• Thank you. I will try this.

• Nope. Still broken! Is this a macOS 12.1 issue???

• You could try removing derived data folder, and cleaning build folder with using older Xcode version.

Add a Comment