Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

Hi guys, just updated Xcode to 13.2 via Mac App Store.

I installed the additional components, and my project won't compile anymore : Xcode just tells me "Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule - Resolving Package Graph Failed" when attempting to build. None of the Swift packages used within my app seems to build, because "Package resolution errors must be fixed before building".

Already attempted to clean derived data, reset Swift package caches and update package versions to no avail.

Guess I'll try re-installing Xcode but... does anyone else have the same issue ?

Using an M1 Mac and just updated to Monterey 12.1 if that's relevant.

Thank you !

Answered by DTS Engineer in 698777022

Xcode 13.2.1, released today, addresses this issue:

Resolved an issue where the Mac App Store version of Xcode failed during package resolution with the error Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModulewhen using Swift packages either standalone or as dependencies in an Xcode project or workspace. (86435800) (FB9807887)

This update is available through the Mac App Store, as well as a direct download on the Apple Developer website.

I'm also facing the same problem. Exactly as described, I updated Xcode to 13.2 via Mac App Store and its additional components.

Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule

After having XTools fail from the app store, after some searching i was able to find the download version in the Developers Section.

It took a very long time to install, and afterwords, crashed upon launch. I'm now reinstalling again, but am not too optimistic about this.

I had the same issue:

Internal error: missing PackageDescriptionModule

My current system:

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
  • macOS Monterey 12.1
  • Xcode 13.2

I downloaded Xcode 13.2 from the developer page as advised on the first page of this forum and this fixed the issue. Hoping the AppStore version gets fixed soon.

Running into this as well. I downloaded the xib from developer site and it fixed it, but then I quit Xcode, reopened it and the error came back!

Replacing it with a fresh copy works each time, but definitely looking for a solution to this!

same here. all my project is broken and can't load spm at all. Omg.

Same issue, completely shut down from development by this. Monterey 12.0.1, Xcode 13.2,. M1 mac

Same on my setup: macOS 11.6 (20G165) Xcode Version 13.2 (13C90)

My FB number is FB9812317. I downloaded XCode 13.2 direct from Apple on Dec 14 (3 days ago); built fine! I actually archived and submitted to App store. Today (Dec 17) I'm having the "Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule" build error. I sorely wish I'd kept XCode 13.1 (renamed as secondary app) instead of replacing it with XCode 13.2 — can I get a download of 13.1? I'm completely unable to build our team's project now.

same issue here..

Xcode 13.2.1, released today, addresses this issue:

Resolved an issue where the Mac App Store version of Xcode failed during package resolution with the error Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModulewhen using Swift packages either standalone or as dependencies in an Xcode project or workspace. (86435800) (FB9807887)

This update is available through the Mac App Store, as well as a direct download on the Apple Developer website.

No-M1 Mac with macOS Monterey 12.0.1, but same error message. I also have the impression that Xcode increasingly wants to turn my Mac (1 year old) into a fan heater, especially when I try something with SwiftUI. I started the update via App Store to Xcode 13.2 two days ago overnight and I was happy that it was installed the next morning. But I was happy too soon: now another update to 13.2.1 with probably several hours of installation again. Good thing today is Sunday.

Even after updating to 13.2.1 packages are not getting downloaded

For me upgrading to Xcode 13.2.1 fixed the issue

Simply Just Remove XCode From Your Mac And Dowload xip Of 'XCode' from Developer.Apple.com Thank You!......

Same issue here in my Macbook Pro 2015 Intel. Xcode: Version 13.2 (13C90) Monterey: 12.1 (21C52)

I don't know if the solution is correct but following these steps my problem was solved. I am using Xcode 13.2.1

File > Packages > Reset Package Caches

then command + shift + k and command + b

I have the same issue today. Initially I downloaded Xcode from the website, it was unresponsive completely and would not open. I deleted it, reinstalled from App Store. I now am faced with the same issues in this thread and nothing is resolving it. I, like others lost a days work today.

This is fubar. I've spent countless hours on Xcode errors like that. This is literally the worst IDE I've ever used. Sometimes I feel like buying a ticket to Cupertino just to find their product manager.

This bug is still here and drives me crazy. I'm using Xcode 14.2 updated from App Store.

On 14.2:

It kept looping Resolving Package Graph and Packages for me as well.

Cleaning the Local Package Cache showed an error with a local git repository: it its .git folder was corrupted. But didn't fix the looping issue.

Removing the Playground from the Workspace fixed the issue.

Ah nvm.. it started again.

The freezes every couple seconds are the worst.

Recreating the workspace fixed it.. for now.

Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

Q