Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

• Same issue here. Same Xcode and OS versions, on M1. I tried removing and re-adding the package, but that didn't fix it.

• :( Same issue. Even tried creating a brand new Swift Package (blank w/one test) and still seeing the issue, so it doesn't seem project specific...

• Same issue here.

Apple Recommended

• If they have fixed it, why isn't it available as an update via the usual Software Update in System Preferences?

• I needed to click UPDATE on the Xcode 13 page in the App Store. Maybe this was because the server was very busy at that time. Anyway, 13.2.1 is working now.

• Now the app store update is stuck in going from 13.2 to 13.2.1, looks like I have to delete the previous store version.

Replies

Same issue here. xcode13.2 MacBook Pro 2018 Inter.Wasted precious time all day

Same issue here, Xcode 13.2 on Monterey 12.1, Apple M1

Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule Xcode 13.2 on Monterey 12.1

xcode 13 beta 1: wow this stuff is buggy! Hope they will fix it till the release time.

xcode 13 release: damn this thing is just as buggy! How on earth this could have happen?

xcode 13.1: hope this time they fixed autocompletion and syntax highlight, at least. NOPE

xcode 13.2: spm is totally broken with hundreds of sounds of working hours and terabytes of traffic wasted across the globe.

Hey Apple, could you please make a survey not only regarding "customer satisfaction" but also "developer satisfaction"? Cause mine is close to 0%, and I am not the only one. Hope the results will be shared on wwdc2022 keynote.

Nice update!!! It's totally made my day. Thank you Apple.

• What update?

• It was an automatic update about 5h ago. I do love watching this thread and refreshing as the minutes of each post tick up, whilst waiting for my Xcode_13.2.xip to expand... A good 3h enjoyed thinking I had messed up my xcscheme, which I usually don't touch but had just before the update.

Add a Comment

Same issue here, Xcode 13.2 on Monterey 12.1, Apple Macbook Pro 2017

Same here. My SPM-based projects are currently unusable with Xcode 13.2. Keeping fingers crossed for a quick fix. 🤞 In the meantime, I guess my only option is to revert back to Xcode 13.1. 😞

Same problem! Had to revert back to the prior Xcode version! This is really bad!

Works! Download xCode from https://developer.apple.com/download/release/ Run for install. Product -> Clean Build Folder. File - > Packages -> (Click all submenus). Build.

I have not uninstalled the current version of xCode 13.2 installed from the App Store.

PS: But the new installation ended up in the Downloads folder. Thus, I ended up with two xCode

• Thank you. Even after switching from the MAS version of XCode 13.2 to the direct download, I still had the issue. Following your steps to use 'Product > Clean Build Folder' and run all tasks under 'File > Packages', the issue is resolved.

Add a Comment

Thank you to everyone reporting this issue. If you are here because you're seeing this issue, please read the Apple Recommended post, which contains a workaround.

—jasonag.

• Hi,

Is there any ETA when the fix will be available on the App Store? Xcode from Releases section works fine, but I'd rather not keep two separate versions.

• There's no ETA.

• @Jason why don't you take it off the App Store until its working? Or does TODAY + ETA? + Fixed = NEVER ?

Add a Comment

for me the only solution was to go back to Xcode 13.1

My update to 13.2 happened this morning via accepting prompt to update Xcode tools. The day prior my app compiled. Today get missing package error. Clearing package caches didn't work. In the end, the Apple solution below worked. I downloaded 13.2 from the developer site. After decompressing the monster (32GB) I moved the Xcode App from Downloads to Applications selecting the option to REPLACE what was there. On first build I got a different package error but also noticed a warning to update project settings. In for a penny, in for a pound, I went ahead and let Xcode update the project settings. Then I tried again. This time the app built successfully. So in my case it was a combination of a complete replacement of Xcode 13.2 and updating my project settings as recommended by Xcode.

• I did the same. Everything is working.

Add a Comment

ERRRMMM.. Seriously? QA on Christmas break are they? I have a project I have to deliver by end of week and you throw this at me. WHY? You trying to make me loose my position?

Sort your sh1t out apple Steve would never have allowed this. Its disgusting.

*** is going on at Apple? This has been an issue for more than 24 hours yet auto-update (which I had turned off, so please stop turning it back on) installed this very obviously and entirely broken version of Xcode just a short two hours ago. APPLE, DELIST THE BROKEN VERSION AND STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME. It doesn't help Apple's terrible servers can't serve downloads at higher than 5 MB/s when I'm on gigabit internet. You'd think the most valuable company on the planet could achieve basic things.

• thank you Apple!, I spent the whole day with my kids today. I know you wanted to give us some time with the family, genius! think different

Add a Comment

Intel MacBookPro 2017 also affected. Can't compile anything.