Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

Hi guys, just updated Xcode to 13.2 via Mac App Store.

I installed the additional components, and my project won't compile anymore : Xcode just tells me "Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule - Resolving Package Graph Failed" when attempting to build. None of the Swift packages used within my app seems to build, because "Package resolution errors must be fixed before building".

Already attempted to clean derived data, reset Swift package caches and update package versions to no avail.

Guess I'll try re-installing Xcode but... does anyone else have the same issue ?

Using an M1 Mac and just updated to Monterey 12.1 if that's relevant.

Thank you !

Answered by DTS Engineer in 698777022

Xcode 13.2.1, released today, addresses this issue:

Resolved an issue where the Mac App Store version of Xcode failed during package resolution with the error Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModulewhen using Swift packages either standalone or as dependencies in an Xcode project or workspace. (86435800) (FB9807887)

This update is available through the Mac App Store, as well as a direct download on the Apple Developer website.

Remove the Xcode updated by App Store, and download it from https://developer.apple.com/services-account/download?path=/Developer_Tools/Xcode_13.2/Xcode_13.2.xip Error disappears after that.

Apple can't remove the App Store version, so perhaps the backend is broken and they don't have a backup. But it would nice if they would come clean and tell us what the **** is going on. Their refusal to own up and communicate is quite normal, so good luck to those waiting for approval.

Isn't this the one where you have to remove the IDESourceControlKnownSSHHostsDefaultsKey key from ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist ? IIRC I had to do this after upgrading to 13.x.

https://forums.swift.org/t/according-to-xcode-the-identity-of-a-repository-hosted-on-github-com-has-changed/53560/6

Apple, thanks for looking into this, very appreciated.

However, how are you guys testing lately?

Next time I won't dare to install xCode updates. I have lost my working day ...

Same issue for me as well. Xcode and M1 sucks me too much!!

Same issue here. also if I try to reinstall the packages it will freeze on " Preparing to validate ".

I'm surprised it passed app review ;)

Same issue here

I downgraded my Xcode to 13.2RC and that worked.

Same issue here, Xcode 13.2, Monterey 12.1

Why does a dialog pop up that requires install of new components? This is a) rude to force an update b) this is an upgrade not a component install which is deceptive c) disrupting engineering productivity time loss due to hours of down time d) just mean.

It's amazing how all of Xcode 13 release versions this year have been an absolute train wreck, from breaking UI of existing apps, broken autocompletion, projects not compiling, fans heating up like a turbo engine, sub par performance, longer build times...

@Apple, what the hell happened to "it just works"?

Same issue here using Apple Swift Packages for management. Not a big fan of this solution, but it worked for me in at least one app. I removed all packages from my project and attempted to re-add and like others here got the hang up on "preparing to validate." Since that didn't want to work I just reinstalled via cocoapods. Everything is back up and running without any issues. Granted I did not edit any of my pod code files so reinstalling wasn't a major problem.

Best of luck all.

Apple's mistake is clear, but I wonder why people don't read the accepted answer. 🤨 Once you download Xcode 13.2 from the developer site, the problem is solved.

^^^ Exactly, what's a big deal ? Xcode that was bundled with the OS update is flawed, Getting the fresh one directly fixes it.

Could it be an issue with certificates, access rights?

Zhen Keng Die;

Same for me.

I have really difficult to accept from Apple such a painful application to use on a daily basis and especially after an update. The latest version 13.2 (13C90) gives me an internal error: missingPackageDesciptionModule, which simply makes the application unusable. And here is a day to pass the time to find a solution without much help and excuse on behalf of Apple.

Another bunch of gigabytes ..... Apple please wake up

It's a shame : you made this trash. you failed to screen it before release. the trash is not fixed after 2 days.

Uninstall ur Xcode and reinstall from developer.apple.com > account > downloads > release > applications > Xcode 13.2

Same issue :/ I can't even run my project now!!!!

I'm having the same issue. Can't even run a simple hello world program; much less my work.

Also having the same issue. Any updates Apple?

Same issue. Apple, do you need more better developers. contact with me!

Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

Q