Is there any Swift API that tells whether fast user switching is enabled or not

Is there any swift API that tells whether fast user switching is enabled or not?

We want to do something when fast user switching is enabled and something not when it's not enabled. Looking for an API that tells whether it's enabled or not

Replies

Are you asking to detect whether FUS is enabled? Or whether FUS is engaged, that is, whether there’s another user logged in via FUS?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I'm interested in detecting whether FUS is enabled or not.

I'm interested in detecting whether FUS is enabled or not.

AFAIK there’s no API for what.

Why does this matter to you?

Share and Enjoy

We are building secondary authentication on top of OS authenticate during logon and unlock. We want to do certain actions when FUS is enabled. Due to that, we are looking for an API to check whether it's enabled or not

We are building secondary authentication on top of OS authenticate during logon and unlock.

Using an authorisation plug-in?

We want to do certain actions when FUS is enabled.

Can you elaborate on that?

ps If you want to discuss this privately, feel free to open a DTS tech support incident and I can pick it up in that context.

Share and Enjoy

Yes using authorisation plug-in, we are building secondary Authentication

Please respond to my second question. You wrote:

We want to do certain actions when FUS is enabled.

and I asked:

Can you elaborate on that?

Share and Enjoy

1. When FUS enabled Ok, Switch user..., and Cancel buttons are displayed one below the other (as below)

1. When FUS is disabled Cancel and Ok buttons are displayed next to each other

We add our custom view for secondary authentication, and we would like display buttons always next to each other. as if FUS is not enabled.

We would like to change buttons placement (to display next to each other Cancel and OK) even when FUS is enabled and when our secondary auth view displayed

Is it possible to change buttons placement?

We add our custom view for secondary authentication

This is in your custom SFAuthorizationPluginView subclass, right?

Which authorisation rights are you customising?

Share and Enjoy

Yes, the custom view is a subclass of SFAuthorizationPluginView. After OS credentials are authenticated, we would like the user to perform one more authentication to gain the system access during login/unlock

during login/unlock

Does that mean your mechanism is only invoked via system.login.screensaver? Or does it get invoked in other contexts as well? Like system.login.console? Or the very generic authenticate?

Share and Enjoy

It invoked during login and unlock (system.login.screensaver and system.login.console) context

I can’t think of a supported way to meet your requirements.

It’s possible that there’s something I’ve overlooked here. If you want me to allocate the time to dig into this in depth, please open a DTS tech support incident. However, just to set expectations here, the final resolution is likely to be that there’s no supported way to do this and your only option is to file an enhancement request for such a feature.

Share and Enjoy