Unable to Scroll on iPad Via Universal Control With Logitech MX Master 3

Anyone else unable to scroll inside apps (most notably, Safari) when controlling an iPad via Universal Control, using a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse from the controlling Mac?

• I don't have the mouse however, from the Release Notes for 12.3… "Some third-party keyboards and mice might encounter issues when using additional functionality, like scroll wheels. (88106362)".

Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same issue, using the MX Master 3 mouse, I cannot scroll, I notice it in Twitter, but tried Safari as well. If I use the Apple Magic Trackpad, it all works fine.

Had the same problem. Here's the fix I found:

On your Mac, go to System PreferencesSecurity & Privacy, open the Privacy tab, and under Accessibility disable "Logi Options Daemon." Restart your Mac and then scrolling on iPad should work.

• Turning off these features fixed the scrolling issue for me. Thanks for the recommendation!

• I tried doing this but I lost horizontal scrolling for my mac was lost.

• Great fix, thank you

Using a MX Anywhere 3 here, same issue. The problem is with the Logitech Options software, if you unload it from launchd then scroll wheel will work fine with Universal Control but you lose all customized key assignments. I suggest we all report this to Logitech.

• Same issue on MacBook Air. I am using the MX anywhere 3 for Mac. No scrolling, no custom keys. I can click and move the mouse, that's it.

• If you unload it, do you still have the Mx3 custom settings/functions available for the Mac ?

• @A072430 , No, it won't work. But when MX3 connected, ⌘ and ⇧ wouldn't work on iPad. So I have to disconnect MX3 totally. Hope logi will fix it soon.

Add a Comment

I have the same issue with logi Mx3

Same here! Logitech MX Master 3 will not scroll on the iPad Pro when using Universal Control.

Same here ! Mx Master 3, scroll not working in iPad when using universal control.

Same problem with Mx Master 3 and Mac Mini, the scroll wheel does not work in the connected MacBook Pro.

A ridiculous solution with synergy: turn on both synergy and universal control. This will solve the problems of both two apps: trackpad gestures do not work for synergy, and the scroll wheel of the third-party mouse does not work for universal control. lol!

Hope Apple will solve this soon!

I also tried the MX Master 3 for Mac….does not work. My old Logi MX Master 2S….also does not work. Did anyone bother testing with what’s probably the most popular mouse?!? Did they think everyone uses that ridiculous mouse they created?

Similar issue with Logitech M720. If I switch to the secondary computer, the mouse scrolls on the primary computer.

I was told to contact logioptionsplus at logitech dot com about this. FYI.

Hi! The last release Logi Options+ Version 0.91.3227 works for me! Yous should check your Logi+ Application.

• works with MX3 and Logi Options+ 0.92.6405

• Not helpful to those of us who can't use Options+. I have a MX Master 2, which only works with the older Logi Options, and would rather not have to get a new mouse just to fix this

• It works for me as well. The old version did not allow for scrolling in iPad, but it now appears to be remedied.

Looks like K850 and M720 are not supported in Logi Options + :-( Also noticing that the Shift key isn’t working either.

• I have the same keyboard and mouse, unable to scroll with latest version of Logi Options, however I did come across an article that provided a solution to resolve the Shift key problem. Go to your iPad Settings>Accessibility>Keyboards>Full Keyboard Access - change this to On.

Add a Comment

Same, MX Master 3

Same, MX Master 3

Download and install the Logi Option+ (beta), it solves the scrolling issue for MX Master 3 under Universal Control

• The only issue with this would be the long list of Logi products not currently supported on the new Logi Options+ app. Unfortunately for me the MX Master 3 isn't ergonomic enough so I use the MX Vertical which isn't yet supported by the Logi Option+ app. I really hope Logi and Apple get this sorted as I have continued using SideCare over Universal Control because of this one single scrolling issue.

• This worked for me! thanks for the tip

Add a Comment