Unusual errors in xcodebuild

I am getting the following errors when running xcodebuild from the command line:

xcodebuild[22187:279813] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionSentinelHostApplications for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionHosts.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore

xcodebuild[22187:279813] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionPointIdentifierToBundleIdentifier for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionToBundleIdentifierMap.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore

What does this mean, and how do I fix it?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of laughingblue Down vote post of laughingblue
67k views
  • I have the same issue I have tried all the possible solutions but not use can any one please help on this issue

• I am no longer getting that error. I downloaded the most recent version of xCode 13.3.1 and the command line developer tools and installed those manually. It worked on both my work computer Macbook Pro (2017) and my personal computer Macbook Pro (2019).

• Carl-Olsen: I installed XCOde 13.3.1, and have Monterey 13.3.1 installed. I downloaded the command line developer tools and used the Apple Installer provided to install it. Having the same problem.

You say you installed the command line developer tools manually. What did you do, to do that? That is something extra from just using the Apple Installer?

Replies

There is an error in file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/WatchOS.platform/Developer/Library/Xcode/PrivatePlugIns/IDEWatchSupportCore.ideplugin/Contents/Resources/IDEWatchSupportCore.xcplugindata

You should make its backup, then open it in plist editor and fully remove the following items:

1. Root/plug-in/extensions/Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionHosts.watchOS
  2. Root/plug-in/extensions/Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionToBundleIdentifierMap.watchOS
  • It works for me. Thanks!

• This is indeed the one true solution. Note one can also edit this PLIST file with Xcode itself by first making a copy of the file, making the copy owned/writeable by one's normal userid, opening it with open or the finder, then copying the modified file back to its original location (as the superuser). (It should also be possible to fix it with plutil, but I was unable to find the correct way to express the keypath.)

• this is the correct answer

Add a Comment

In my case issue is resolved after deleting the build order from previous unity builds

In Xcode 13 Go to General => builds phases => Bundle React Native code and images, delete every file in input files and input files lists and also in output files and output files list. as shown in the following screenshot. then uncheck Run script "Based on dependency analysis

See working solution here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/72521604/8478420

Had the same issue. in my case it was because the flutter application file was saved on my one drive . when I move the file to desktop or anywhere on the MacBook it worked for me.

Carl Olsen's answer worked for me: "sudo xcode-select -s /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools".

• Quickest solution and this worked for me!

Add a Comment

If you're seeing this, as I was, when trying to use git in Terminal, you may need to install Xcode command line tools. I needed to do this for Xcode 14 beta 4 and now again for beta 5. In Xcode, choose Open Developer Tool from the Xcode menu (first menu), then choose More Developer Tools... This will send you to the Apple Developer site, where you can download what you need.

Trying to export an iOS app from a Godot project, I ran into this same Requested but did not find extension point error. I tried nearly all of the solutions found in StackOverflow and in this thread (updating/reinstalling Godot/Xcode/Command Line Tools, selecting Command Line Tools path in Xcode, etc.), and nothing worked for me. Finally, I went through the output of Godot & xcodebuild line-by-line and found this error:

Failed to create provisioning profile. There are no devices registered in your account on the developer website. Select a device run destination to have Xcode register it.

Once I registered my iPhone 11 and Intel MacBook Pro on the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles screen in my Apple Developer Account, the export completed without errors.

I have this error while building Flutter app on Command Line. I tried all the above fix but it did not work. I solve the error by reading the Xcode output error below this and I followed the instruction to fix the error. In my own case the error was:

lib/pages/cart/payment.dart:82:32: Error: The method 'showSnackBar' isn't defined for the class 'ScaffoldState'.

- 'ScaffoldState' is from 'package:flutter/src/material/scaffold.dart' ('../../../../flutter/packages/flutter/lib/src/material/scaffold.dart').
Try correcting the name to the name of an existing method, or defining a method named 'showSnackBar'.
          Scaffold.of(context).showSnackBar(

I discovered that scaffold syntax is deprecated, so, I googled the right syntax and changed "Scaffold.of(content)" to "ScaffoldMessenger.of(content)".

THIS MAY NOT BE THE ERROR IN YOUR CASE, BUT CALM AND STUDY THE ERROR.