iOS 16.0 No Live Photo or live Wallpaper on Lock Screen

in ios 16, branded live wallpapers and special ones for the iphone xs max model have completely disappeared, which is very sad, I hope that Apple developers will return live wallpapers from live photo and exclusive for that model live wallpapers and that I have already tried to put several live photos as wallpaper, but they are just like a static picture and more than one tip from apple care support did not help

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of MAYRUN3 Down vote post of MAYRUN3
71k views
  • no way. this xs live wallpaper is the only wallpaper i want to use ) :

• Just installed ios 16 beta and live wallpapers are GONE! APPLE PLEASE BRING THEM BACK! WE MISS THEM!

• First you kill force-touch. Then the Touch Bar on Mac. Now the live on Lock Screen. Whyyyy??? We actually love it!! I realize you need the long press to internet the screen customization. Sure. Then let me long press with two fingers to see the silly face me and my partner make on Live Photo on my lock screen. Come on, Apple. We love you. Give some love back. 🤗

Replies

I agree… I have an iPhone 12 default wallpaper, but now I can’t change the color of it. I’m stuck with it unless I change to an entirely new wallpaper. This is just a thought, but I think in the collections tab of the collections section, there might be live wallpapers coming or at least old iOS 14/15 wallpapers

• This site will help you better.. : https://not.justsolutionsproducts.com/solved-ios-16-0-no-live-photo-or-live-wallpaper-on-lock-screen/

Add a Comment

I now regret spending money on a live wallpaper maker when the next update will make it useless! Don't know why they couldn't just make the wallpaper switcher a button.

• they could also have made it a pinch gesture instead

• I figured out no more live wallpapers by personally wanting to set one myself. I agree with the pinch gesture. From being able to use any live wallpaper you desire, to having a limited amount of live wallpapers, isn’t the best. It is nice having that freedom at least.

Add a Comment

Dear Apple, we need live wallpaper back, please, remove long tap gesture, keep lockscreen menu only in settings

Please put live wallpaper back and changing lockscreen should be 3 finger pinch out… and tap hold should be still for live wallpaper to make it live.. please consider it

i want my live wallpaper back 🥲

ios 16 live wallpaper rip -[*] 😭😭😭😭

i have a 13 mini,and it’s own live wallpaper was the best I’ve ever had! And now 😩

i think it’s bs that they took live photos away 🙄. BRING IT BACK!

It made me very disappointed to know that I couldn’t use live wallpapers anymore. I guess I have to go back to ios 15…

• same, pls tell me how to do it😭

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jDUgEFVWS4

Add a Comment

Android had live wallpapers ages ago and apple is still unable to crack it. The long press in ios to animate wallpaper concept belongs to the stone age. Bored of seeing the same icons and theme in ios. I might as well switch to android as it offers loads of customization and the phone turns magical and lively. If I'm paying 1000 bucks, I want the phone screen to look how I want it not how apple wants it!

I tried iOS 16 beta on my old iPhone and I was not impressed with the wallpapers, I have the blue iPhone 13 and the Blue wallpaper and when I checked out the new wallpapers it’s all gone and replaced with BORING plain ones or ones if the earth or the weather 🙄.

I have an iPad Air 4 and again I have the original blue wallpaper that’s exclusive to the newer iPads and I bet you they remove them too in favour of these pathetic wallpapers. Makes the phone look like it’s something from 2007, the widgets are absolutely pointless and tbh they are ugly! I think after this phone I will be looking at Android again.

why can’t you just keep the original wallpapers and add new ones to the mix! Especially the wallpapers that are exclusive to certain phones and iPads. Every update always feels like the consumer is part of some study on how to make a phone look more boring every time a new software release comes out.

Please stop yelling, DEV knows better what you like and what is not necessary for you any more. They just remove live photo so accept it, adapt yourself to new idea bacause probably you don't understand it at all. Of course they could did a pinch gesture (android style) or L gesture or any other gesture to enable edit mode for lock screen insted of hold a touch what was a live photo start but... if they decide to remove it it's just done. Sometimes if you take out you phone from a pocket and realize that lock screen widget was changed due to self auto hold touch and random edit of lock screen, please don't scream it's a new surprise like 1st April so be smiled and happy you just get a bonus.

• This happens to be the most dumb thing I’ve seen on here. We all paid money to buy our devices and you asking us not to complain or give feedback on the bs they are doing… pathetic

• no.

Add a Comment

just updated to iOS 16 and they haven’t fixed this still :(

In the past two years, the live wallpaper showed my little cat, turning her head and looking at me. Now it’s gone!! Who knew that these little things are the happiest moments in your day. PLEASE BRING IT BACK 😳 Leave the lock-screen’s setup in the settings menu🙏🏻

• The live wallpaper was too missen...😔 I did a downgrade with his help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jDUgEFVWS4

Add a Comment

We love livephoto on lock screen, please, apple, you can put lockscreen setting into setting app, take livephoto wallpaper back🙏