iOS 16.0 No Live Photo or live Wallpaper on Lock Screen

in ios 16, branded live wallpapers and special ones for the iphone xs max model have completely disappeared, which is very sad, I hope that Apple developers will return live wallpapers from live photo and exclusive for that model live wallpapers and that I have already tried to put several live photos as wallpaper, but they are just like a static picture and more than one tip from apple care support did not help

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of MAYRUN3 Down vote post of MAYRUN3
72k views
  • no way. this xs live wallpaper is the only wallpaper i want to use ) :

• Just installed ios 16 beta and live wallpapers are GONE! APPLE PLEASE BRING THEM BACK! WE MISS THEM!

• First you kill force-touch. Then the Touch Bar on Mac. Now the live on Lock Screen. Whyyyy??? We actually love it!! I realize you need the long press to internet the screen customization. Sure. Then let me long press with two fingers to see the silly face me and my partner make on Live Photo on my lock screen. Come on, Apple. We love you. Give some love back. 🤗

Replies

Just upgraded to ios 16 in UK and lost my awesome live wallpaper photo. VERY DISAPPOINTED. It was actually the first thing I noticed after installation was complete.

• Please, return back live wallpaper unique for every iphone !!

Add a Comment

Please, return back live wallpaper unique for every iphone !!

I’ve switched to IPhone from Android last year because I’ve really liked the dynamic and live wallpapers on iOS 15. And now it’s gone with the iOS 16 update… I’m so disappointed right now…

What the heck!? I had no idea the new iOS would remove the Live Photo wallpaper.. I spent way too much time designing my own wallpaper in Photoshop and Aftereffects. It made my phone look like a sci-fi prop when pressed. It was my favorite wallpaper, and used it for years! Why would you guys get rid of the Live Photo wallpaper, WHY!?

So my lock screen was the photo. My mom had took it of our cat that passed away last year so if you met before he passed away my mom had gotten a new iPhone and the default feature when taking photos is Live Photos And she had no idea what that was and that was on. I said no that’s great because now, when I tap the photo you can see is the head moving it and it reminds me of him and everything and I did not realize until I use it as a lock screen and I accidentally touched it. The photo that you can actually see him moving in it. And she had no idea what that was and then that was on. I said no that’s great because now, when I tap the photo you can see is the head moving it and it reminds me of him and everything and I did not realize until I use it as a lock screen and accidentally touched it the photo that you could actually see him moving in it. He was like moving his head or something when my mom took the photo. And so it’s my last image of him kind of moving it was just his head and then I realized when I updated to iOS 16 today because I forgot to do it yesterday I realize how much I don’t like the lock screen and home screen settings. For whatever reason it kept my lock screen photo it showed the wallpaper I use for the home screen but when you went to settings, it acted like your photo or your home screen was the same photo as a lock screen, which was not correct. And in order to use widgets on your lock screen, I had to change it to a new wallpaper and so I had to go searching through my photos of the photo of my cat to put him back as a lock screen well, my home screen wallpaper I can’t find it in my photos. It was nice picture of some sunflowers that I saw last year went to a field a farm that has like sunflowers. I think it’s really nice photo well for some reason that exact photo I used is gone like I can’t find it on my phone. So I had to use a different photo of sunflowers I had, and it wasn’t as clear of a photo as I thought. Because I’m reset. The photo of the sunflowers is missing from my phone and my phone wanted to take the photo. They had my lock screen and use it as my home screen as well. It was just a mess.

So I’m not impressed with iOS 6 because you can’t use a live photo. And apparently some photos are missing from my phone. That’s really cool photo of some sunflowers that was the wallpaper for my home screen is missing. It got replaced with the wallpaper I use my lock screen. And if you want to put widgets on your life screen, you can’t do that unless you use a new wallpaper so pretty much I had to go find a photo of my cat and redo that as my lock screen just so it thinks it’s a new photo, our new wallpaper, so I could actually use wedges wedges and if you want to put widgets on your life screen, you can’t do that unless you use a new wallpaper so pretty much I had to go find a photo of my cat and redo that as my lock screen just so it thinks it’s a new photo or a new wallpaper, so I could actually use wedges. And then I was told that you can use widgets for different apps, and yet some of the apps I use already have widgets, but I can’t use them on my lock screen makes no sense to me. So take away life photo my lock screen, which have personal sentimental value to some people you could have a photo of somebody in your family or a pet that passed away and maybe they moved a little bit in the photo that something someone once as a memory on the lock screen, it’s gone that’s like a Porten thing to me that they took away. So take away life photo your lock screen, which have personal sentimental value to some people you could have a photo of somebody in your family or a pet that passed away and maybe they moved a little bit in the photo. That’s something someone wants as a memory on their lock screen, it’s gone that’s like a Porten thing to me that they took away. and then using widgets from different apps to put on your lock screen that I’m a little confused about because I swear there’s a couple apps I use that do widgets and I don’t know how to put them on my lock screen because it only is showing me the default, apple widgets, so I’m a little confused. So so far I’m unimpressed with iOS 16

I’m upset they removed live wallpaper. This was a huge let down Apple… maybe I will switch to Samsung… ugh darn…

I’m really unhappy about the removal of live wallpapers for my Lock Screen in iOS 16. I was hoping the devs would go a step further and have live video capabilities without having to press the screen, similar to Android. My daughter has it on her Galaxy, and am jealous that it can’t be done on iPhone.

Never really used the feature so I didn't notice its omission in iOS 16. One of the first things my Dad noticed was that the live photo of our dog he has as the lock screen image no longer plays. I don't understand the need to kneecap certain features in favour of other ones. Surely there's a different way they could have thought up for changing your home screen.

Also, with the new subject removal feature in "Photos" Live Photos have become much harder to watch. You need to specifically tap on a part of the photo that isn't the main subject. I'm starting to think Live Photos won't survive the next iOS update.

Please return live Lock Screen wallpaper! No use for all these changeable screens - it would have been enough to let customize the existing design more - with fonts, widgets etc - why steal great functionality for this redesign?!

iOS 16 on my 13 mini and live wallpaper has gone. I have a lot of live wallpaper and now i can’t use them. Please give us back. This is only a downgrade and maybe the last iPhone.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of 4lb3 Down vote reply of 4lb3
  • Me too love that feature

Add a Comment

I really don’t see the point of removing the live wallpapers, I just got Iphone 13 pro max and I loved the live wallpapers so much, i hope this is just to be updated to ios 16 and bring back the live wallpapers. I even lost all of my saved ones. This is not good!

Add a Comment

The photo I used as my Lock Screen is of my son, his first laugh. I want live Lock Screen back!! It was the most important feature to me to customize my phone and show off how adorable he was now that he’s older. Please please please bring this back!!

please bring this back!!!!

Please bring back the iPhone 13 default wallpapers… I want to use them. Also the lockscreen settings opening with tap&hold on lockscreen? I have ios 16 for not even an hour and i accidentally opened it like 20 times… it is really annoying!!