Banking Apps Crashing in IOS 16 public beta 1

My banking apps was crashing when i installed IOS 16 public beta 1, is this issue fixed in ios 16 public beta 2. I seriously want to hands on ios 16 but cant do with this bug. Can you tell me is this issue fixed in public beta 2

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of palwinder0610 Down vote post of palwinder0610
9.4k views
  • Buddy, its not IOS or Apple’s fault that these Apps are not working.

these banking and other Apps actually puts a check for IOS version for security and compatibility reason. They don’t want user’s experience to hamper and they have not implemented new features for that IOS version.

once they release their App for ios 16. The problem will be solved. Apple has nothing to do with it. They cannot fake the ios version name.

Add a Comment

Replies

Having the same problem, ICICI, Kotak banking apps not working, even complained at Kotak cc but they said there is no problem from their end. Never happened in previous Beta versions. This is the first time and it’s quite frustating.

Update or reinstall your application now its working fine

I'm currently facing a very similar issue while testing an application I work for under iOS 16. It's intermittently crashing with little to no debugging information available, even on debug builds.

From what I've been researching it might be related to os_unfair_lock_lock misbehaving on iOS 16, but it happens under unpredictable conditions. Would love to be able to provide more info but I'm stumped.

Has anyone faced something similar?

Add a Comment

That's expected behavior, typical for all Banking apps around the world.

Pls do something my Banking Apps are not working. Im not able to do any transactions via app. Whether is Apple's problem or bank problem somebody pls fix this. It's affecting users badly.

same here, my phone banking apps is not working when i udpated my ios into 16, but when i tried those apps into my android phone they are perfectly working, the company must do some action in this issue

Downloaded 16.0 20 September 2022. I don't think it was still a beta, didn't see anything to warn me that it was. within a week the problems were apparent. Now on 16.0.2. All downloaded audiobooks removed from Audible. Can't load photos to Mac with USB (error 9937) reported. Now today my banking apps all refusing login and raising security flags. Had to delete and re-download and register from scratch for Virgin, M&S (HSBC) and Nationwide. Dread to think what else I will find. Seems a bit low to call it an upgrade.