"UI unresponsiveness" warning on @main

• ">

• Sama here, Xcode 14.2.

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• I've replied back below. please note

• I updated to OS 13.0.1 and Xcode to 14.1. My app now reports this same error "This method can cause UI unresponsiveness if invoked on the main thread. Instead, consider waiting for the -locationManagerDidChangeAuthorization: callback and checking authorizationStatus first." and traces it to this bit of code:

if CLLocationManager.locationServicesEnabled(). So, I implemented the suggested fix, but the complier says that authorizationStatus was deprecated in iOS 14.0

• this is not helpful at all

Add a Comment

Replies

I also have this security warnings 40+ on Xcode 14.1: 0x0000000000000000 in SecTrustEvaluateIfNecessary ().

I have encountered this same error when loading a view controller with a WKWebView. I filed FB11771307.

Do we have solution or know what risks we run into when we need to show WKWebView on launch?

Same issue!

Same issue!

Same issue here. No problem with iOS 15, Xcode 13, but I get this warning with Xcode 14.1. I wonder if this is an issue with my app or a bug of Xcode 14.

same, but related to CoreLocation

# I have the same problem, I don't have a problem on ios 15 devices, but when opening webview on ios 16 devices, first a black screen comes for 1 second, then webview opens.

Any updates for this issues ? why we always have this warning with every wkwebview.load() call? is there any engineer from @Apple to explain the issues and how to avoid it ? what going wrong with wkwebview load method ?

An Apple engineer explained the issue in a separate thread here: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/714467?answerId=734799022#734799022

Short summary is that if the warning stack trace shows SecTrustEvaluateIfNecessary and SecTrustCopyCertificateChain followed by WebCore and WebKit code, then it's a known Apple issue. Using WKWebView causes Xcode to show this warning, and there's nothing devs can do to fix it. But it's just a noisy warning, not causing any real problem. Apple plans to fix the warning at some point but no ETA.

If you don't see the stack trace, you can expand the warning to view it by clicking the arrows ">" next to the purple warning icon in the left pane.

More details on the specific issue and on this Xcode diagnostic feature in general are in the thread linked above.

Same issue here, Xcode 14.1, When loading a request/URL in WKWebView

Hope it'll soon be fixed

I'm having the same issue when opening a WebView on our application.

Same issue, even without using webviews.

Same issue

Same issue with Xcode 14.2, any update?