Xcode 14 failed to prepare iOS 15.7 device?

An update to Xcode 14 appeared in the Mac App store today 2022-11-12. After updating Xcode from the App store app on my M1 MacBook, and plugging in an iPad, also updated today 2022-11-12 to iOS 15.7, Xcode says: "Failed to prepare the device for development".

A restart of both the Mac and the iPad doesn't fix this issue. Is there a way to get Xcode 14 to debug an 15.7 iPad? Or is a different build required?

There also is no 15.7 directory inside Xcode's iPhoneOS DeviceSupport directory.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of hotpaw2 Down vote post of hotpaw2
20k views
  • I have same issue. XCode14.0(14A309) does NOT connect to iPadOS 15.7

• LMFAO another 7gb download literally is so crazy and annoying every time ☠️💀

• Same issue. XCode Version 14.1 beta (14B5024h) does NOT work with iOS 15.7.1. Time to download 7gb. this is insanity.

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• Xcode 14.0.1 has support for iOS 15.7 and works for me (iPhone 13).

• Instead of 7GB update just support files for 15.7 would been great

• This is not yet available in app store. Since I have installed XCode via AppStore, what should I do?

Replies

did you guys resolve this issue I am facing this with iPad 15.7 my app is rejected because of this app not responding in iPad 15.7 with Xcode 14.0.1 if any one have solution please tell asap thanks in advance

• @GauravMishra - I saw your posted and noticed that you said that your app is "not responding in iPad 15.7". I too am facing the same issue. 15.7 is the only iOS version that my app doesn't work in. Have you been able to find the issue?

Add a Comment

I installed Xcode_14.1_beta_3 and the device became functional until i restarted it.

Then I installed XCode_13.4.1 and the device is functional there but not functional in Xcode14 or the beta.

I am having the same issue with xcode 14.1 running on MacOS Ventura and my device is an iPhone 7 running iOS 15.7.1.

I can't run xcode 13.4.1 on Ventura and I am not sure what to do!

• I have downloaded 14.0.1 version and I still have the issue.

Add a Comment

Same issue with Xcode 14.2 and iPhone 7 with 15.7.3, unable to prepare.

Same issue. In my case, I'm trying to test a Flutter app for personal purposes with a free Developer account, using:

• iPhone XS, iOS 16.4.1
  • Xcode 14.2
  • MacBook Air (M1, 2020), macOS Monterey 12.6
  • Flutter 3.7.7
  • VS Code 1.77.3

Any news about this? Also, I wanted to highlight that last time I update Xcode, I spend like 2 weeks to fix tons on compatibility issues between VS Code, Flutter and Xcode itself. So, I really hope that I do not have to update Xcode again and struggling a lot to make things work. Cheers!

Same issue. I'm running macOS Ventura on my Mac Mini M2 Pro, which prevents me from installing Xcode versions earlier than Xcode 14. Despite attempting to install Xcode 13.4.1, it doesn't work on Ventura.

There's a mention in the thread that a fix is available for Xcode 15.7 after Xcode 14.0.1, but it doesn't resolve the issue for me. Currently, I have Xcode Version 14.3 installed, but I can't use it with my iPhone 7 running iOS version 15.7. Additionally, downgrading my iPhone 7 to a version below 15.7 isn't possible because none of the previous versions are signed.

I've also tried adding the 15.7 device support image to Xcode 14.3, as it was missing, but this didn't solve the problem either.

I'm also facing the same issue for Xcode Version 14.2 (14C18) and iOS version 16.5.1 even after rebooting device multiple times.

I'm also facing the same issue for Xcode Version 14.3.1 and iOS 15.7.8

Broken again in Xcode Version 15.0 (15A240d). USB works and the iPhone is successfully prepared for development. Network run destination is broken. Tested with iPhone 7 Plus iOS 15.7.9. If I run Xcode 14, the phone is automatically prepared for development over the network and I can run and debug apps.