I get an error when uploading my app to App Store Connect

The following error occurs when uploading to App Store Connect. Is there a solution to this error?

The provided entity includes a relationship with an invalid value

'' is not a valid ID for this relationship. (ID: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Xcode version 14.0.1 (14A400) is used.

As you don't explain the context, it is hard to say. Are you trying to add some capability ?

have a look here though: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66671573/an-attribute-in-the-provided-entity-has-invalid-value-an-app-id-with-identifier

I have the same error, did you find a solution?

Accepted Answer

Hello, this error can occur when using an invalid version string. Please ensure that your app uses the following format for your short and bundle version strings [number].[number].[number] which should allow you to upload successfully. If you continue to have trouble with the upload of your app, please Contact Us.

Thank you for your answers.

I was able to solve this problem due to the fact that the bundle version contains invalid characters.

1.0.6 (which contained multibyte characters)

Thank you very much.

Hi I have run into the similar issue I have an application with version 1, 2 and 3 already on the testflight But now that I am trying to upload the version 4, it is giving me this error

I checked my git history and there is no other change. I am pretty convinced that this is an issue with apple. Can some one please confirm this?

Same here :(

I have the same error. My version 1.0.0 is still error

I am also receiving the same error. Version is 1.0.0 Strange part is I am able to upload the build using different mac with the same credentials.

same error.

I had same problem, I resolved by following steps.

1. Close Xcode
  2. Restart Mac
  3. Clean the project
  4. Change the Version in Number.Number.Number format. (i.e) 7.0.1 before I was uploading 7.0 format.
  5. Clean and Archive

Finally after so much try, this works like a wonder.

Happy Coding !!

I got the error message below once; I retried the upload and it went away. If anyone get this you can try doing the same thing to see if it works.

Error message

'' is not a valid id for the relationship 'build' (ID: 6a679cdd-6ac8-4e16-a164-f4bec1d422fd)

Happened to me today. went from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2. and got same error message.

I uploaded 3 time in a row without changing anything and the third time it worked... Seems to be on Apple side.

Cheers!

I have faced the same issue.

I didn't change anything just rebuilt it 2-3 times and upload success.

I am using macOS version 12.6 and I also got the new version update but I didn't update it yet. As, my opinion Apple forcing to update latest OS and latest Xcode for upload build.

Cheers!

None of the solutions above worked for me. It's an Xcode issue.

I downloaded the Transporter app from the mac App store, exported the ipa file from Xcode then uploaded it via the transporter app. Worked like a charm

We tried a lot, in the end the problem was due to 2 apple-ids registered in Xcode. After deletion of the account not in use upload was working again.

you can try logging into the account for your project https://developer.apple.com/account and confirm the license agreement

for me it's because my credit card has expired.

In my case, I had to accept the pending agreements @ developer.apple.com > agreements. After that, I'm able to upload the new build to the Appstore.

I got this error in XCode 15. By archiving the project and while I clicked on distribution I choose "Custom" instead of directly hitting to "distribute/deploy on AppStore and TestFlight etc." to upload my app to the AppStore connect and I checked the first two options listed. Worked like a charm for me!

I get an error when uploading my app to App Store Connect

Q