Xcode 14.1: Account Authentication Failure

Since Xcode was updated to version 14.1 I see a yellow cloud in the top status bar. When I click on it, a message appears: "Account Authentication Failure - There was problem authenticating your Apple ID ([username]). Sign in again in the Accounts preference pane." I tried the following, nothing helped:

• delete my account and sign in again in the Accounts preference pane
  • restart Xcode
  • restart the computer

I assume it's a problem with version 14.1. The problem occured immediately after the update to version 14.1.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of RickyRose Down vote post of RickyRose
17k views
  • Exactly the problem for me after upgrading to Xcode 14.1.

Tried deleting and re-adding my AppleID account in the XCode Account Prefs., restarting Xcode, rebooting the computer. - No joy.

I also tried creating an app-specific password for Xcode, but the Xcode Account prefs page did not accept the app-specific password - it had to be the main AppleID password.

• I also have this problem this morning after updating to Xcode 14.1 (from 14.0). And I also tried the same steps as above multiple times but still received the same message.

• I have the same problem. Nothing helped.

Replies

Amsterdance26: Just select the "DeviceSupport" folder in your old Xcode app, and select "Paste item" (assuming you selected "Copy" on the "16.1" folder before). This should make a copy of that "16.1" folder from Xcode 14.2 to this old Xcode app, which is then the good one to use.

webfx23, but I can't understand, what is old version Xcode app and where located it, in applications folder I have only one Xcode app 14.2 🤷🏻‍♂️

Amsterdance26, go to this page to download a prior version of Xcode: https://xcodereleases.com. Dont choose 14.2 or 14.1 as they have this bug. I chose 13.2.1 but only because I have an old iMac (2014) and I'm stuck with macOS 11.7 (Big Sur). You can try 14.0.1 in your case. Then apply what I said and let me know if this works for you.

webfx23, It's working! Thank you very much for your help and your time! :)

Same authentication problem here. Surely 14.2 is buggy.

Same issue. I otherwise would not mind using a manually created provisioning profile but I have an xcode cloud pipeline set up.

14.2 Same issue? Any solution?

Same here. This is so frustrating

I made a clean install of Xcode today...

Hi.

In 14.3 version this problem was solved.

The same problem persists for me on XCode Version 14.2 (14C18). Nothing mentioned above has worked, are there any workarounds?

Thanks

Extremely frustrating that no one has even responded to this saying, "we're aware of the issue..."

Complete silence. How does Apple get away with this kind of thing? Why do we still pay what we pay for their products?