App won't install from TestFlight

I've been using TestFlight with my app for weeks. I just uploaded a new update to App Store Connect and got the email that the new version is available for TestFlight. I open TestFlight and can see the new version of the app with "Update" next to it. At first, I got an error that said "Beta Expired". Now, test flight says "Install" next to the app and it if pressed it runs like it installing, but nothing happens, it then returns to the "Install" status.

I've tried removing and re-inviting the user, delete and reinstall the app from app store, and deleting and reinstalling TestFlight. Nothing works.

Can anyone help?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Celamens Down vote post of Celamens
7.3k views

Replies

I'm pretty sure that this is an issue on Apple's end. I'm running into the same issue on multiple devices when trying to flight new builds.

Having issues with TestFlight. Do not update to new version. Reinstalling app allow me to get latest version, but then it shows an error about can not verify app integrity.

I see the same problem

I have the same problem

Same here

Seemingly same problem. Download wheel spins about 1/4 of the way, then reverts back to Install button. App Store Connect stats show that I installed, but it didn't.

We are also experiencing this issue on all new builds today.

Related to this old thread? Lots of people have commented here again and an Apple rep has responded a few hours ago saying they are looking into it.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/701330?answerId=738741022#738741022

Same issue, It works on yesterday🥲

Same here. It started around noon yesterday (GMT +1) for me. I'd been doing upgrades to a few libraries and had recreated certificates (using Fastlane match) while doing so, so I thought I had done something wrong, but it seems like some of the builds can be installed while others can't, and now that I see that several people here are having the same problem. Yesterday evening I pushed two different builds of the same app (but with two bundle ids, one for prod and one for testing) and I could install one of them using TestFlight, but not the other.

The errors I'm getting are:

Beta has expired

Which happens when I try to open the app (the second time) that I've successfully installed by the workaround of installing the build through the "previous builds" menu

Unable to install "" An error occurred while installing version

Which is what I get when it fails installing or updating. The error is only displayed if I press install/update and exit the TestFlight app. Otherwise it seems to silently fail without any message.

Same issue we're experiencing. No new build in TestFlight, no email received from TestFlight on new build beign ready.

• Same same here - unable to install new builds today.

Add a Comment

Didn't work for most of Wednesday, then started to work Thursday morning (CET) for me. And now, Thursday evening CET it is not working again. I see the new build in the Testflight, but after a spinning circle on UPDATE/INSTALL it returns to the non-installed, non-updated status.

I don't think it has anything to do with the builds because I had an older build in TF of another app (from well before when this issue arrived) and it wouldn't install either. It's some authentication process that TF or iOS is doing that is failing, IMO.

Unfortunately we're having the same issue. I tried removing accounts from Testflight group and inviting them again, but still cannot install the app :/ Any workarounds?

Same issue from yesterday, any updates on it?