App won't install from TestFlight

I've been using TestFlight with my app for weeks. I just uploaded a new update to App Store Connect and got the email that the new version is available for TestFlight. I open TestFlight and can see the new version of the app with "Update" next to it. At first, I got an error that said "Beta Expired". Now, test flight says "Install" next to the app and it if pressed it runs like it installing, but nothing happens, it then returns to the "Install" status.

I've tried removing and re-inviting the user, delete and reinstall the app from app store, and deleting and reinstalling TestFlight. Nothing works.

Can anyone help?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Celamens Down vote post of Celamens
7.5k views

Replies

Same issues. "Your Beta is expired" error...then we delete the app, then Install death spiral where it keeps trying to install but never works. Apple has indicated there is a performance issue with Testflight but when will we get an update?! https://developer.apple.com/system-status/ Adding to this thread in hopes that volume of complaints will help prioritize a fix on their end. We were about to ship a big release to our testers! Come on Apple!

I found a workaround until this is resolved. I was able to install a test flight version that was created a couple of days ago and then update to the latest version.
Steps:

1. Uninstall app you are trying to test through test flight
  2. Open Test Flight App
  3. Touch on app
  4. Open Previous Builds
  5. Touch on a build that was created earlier before these issues
  6. Install that build
  7. Go back to all versions
  8. Go to the latest version, or version you are attempting to install and touch on it
  9. Install version you are trying to test.

At least if you're trying to test something specific in test flight, you can through these steps. Once you get another build available or possibly try to install another build through test flight it will break and you'll start getting errors that the Beta has expired. You can get back to a working state again if you go through the steps above again and update to whatever version you are attempting to test.

• This works! thx!

• This is a workaround for this issue, and it works for me, thanks! hope Apple will make the service soon recovery!

Add a Comment

Getting this weird issue from yesterday not able to install any app from TestFlight uploaded yesterday but able to install previous version of app.

I see on Apple's System Status page that they say they have resolved and performance is now back to a Green Light. But the problem hasn't fixed for us. Is it working yet for anyone else?

I have the same problem

same issue for me since yesterday, latest macos + iOS versions

I am having this problem- going to an old version, and then back was a workaround for me.

Same here, the workaround lets us continue testing. We are trying to push this release to the App Store this weekend for our customers. Anyone know if this issue is only with TestFlight?

Same here

I've been having the same problem. I believe this started when the app I'd installed through Testflight with the yellow dot was removed from my dock. Testflight seemed to become confused about which build it should be opening, so it picked one from my HDD at random? I was making local exports of every version already, but just today I moved them to an iCloud folder. Moving those executables back to my HDD seems to have fixed that problem, but the app no longer has the yellow dot associated with a Testflight installed app.

Hope this helps someone.

Any updates ? I have the same issu. 10 months later!

Over a year later and I'm having the same issue. I'm not able to install any of the builds whatsowever. My sisters iPhone had no issue and I could install on my mac, but on my iPhone will not install at all. I click the install button, it spins and the install button is back. Tried restart my phone, delete my self from tester group and added back. Nothing seems to work.