Can you preserve "early adopter pricing"?

Hi there,

This may be a dumb question but I'm trying to confirm this before we go down this road. Essentially, we are looking to have one premium subscription available to users within our app. A yearly subscription and that's it.

Since our app is brand new, we are looking to offer some "early adopter pricing" where early users can sign up for premium and lock in their yearly subscription at a fraction of what we will eventually charge. Will we be able to preserve pricing for select users while also making sure that new users aren't able to access that price?

I was reading some articles and saw mention of "unpreserving users subscription pricing" so I figured there must be the functionality to preserve then?

Thanks for the help!

Hello! Yes, you can preserve subscription price for current subscribers when increasing price for new customers.

Choose an option for subscribers paying the current price shown in App Store Connect:

A: Keep the current price for existing subscribers. Anyone who subscribed before the start date of this price change won’t be affected. Subscribers whose subscription expires can resubscribe at the preserved price within 60 days of expiration.

B: Apply the price change to existing subscribers who are paying the price of your subscription currently displayed on the App Store. App Store Connect will provide an indication if consent is required (or if they'll simply be notified) for each country or region. If you have customer groups that have had their prices preserved and your change is scheduled for the future, keep in mind that circumstances may change and consent will be required based on the conditions of the customer at the time of the increase. You are responsible for ensuring you understand when consent will be required.

See "Increase the price of an auto-renewable subscription" in Manage pricing for auto-renewable subscriptions.

How did this tactic work out for you? Was it worth it? Did you eventually raise the price?

Can you preserve "early adopter pricing"?

Q