Ventura 13.4 External Display Sleep Loop Bug

The Ventura 13.4 update introduced a display signal lost bug which when the monitor is put to sleep after power saving setting is reached or if manually using the shortcut keys to put sleep the display, it wakes up the monitor briefly then tries to go back to sleep for 15 seconds and then wakes up with the “no signal” warning in an infinite loop. It's starting to be reported by others, where this did not exist until after the update.

Reddit: Ventura 13.4 Display Sleep Issue https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/13lyu2y/macos_ventura_134_display_sleep_issue/

I tried everything from turning off power saving settings, turned off screen saver, WoL, uninstalled color calibration software, reset monitor to factory settings, booted into safe mood, nothing had an effect.

Should I submit a bug report?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of CEOpx Down vote post of CEOpx
6k views
  • +1 for me. LG 27UD58 really annoying having to press buttons on my monitor to turn off.

• This is really not acceptable. Apple please fix this issue. It was introduced in Ventura 13.4 and remains unfixed since. FIXIT.

Add a Comment

Replies

The bug is only partially fixed on LG -27UK600. (macOS 14.1 ~ 14.3.1) The external monitor still wake up randomly in night...

sleep -> several hours bug free -> [display on -> display off -> display on -> display off] -> several hours bug free.

The display on/off loop count are decreased from infinite to several times. I was waked up by it today, and I feel so bad.

Finally! The External Display Sleep Loop Bug was fixed in my setup too.

Environment: Mac mini (2023, M2) macOS Sonoma 14.4

Primary Monitor: Iiyama PL3270Q Display (HDMI) Secondary Monitor: Iiyama PL3270Q Display (USB-Display Port)

Good Job!

• This is my misunderstanding. It's not fixed yet. I hope this bug will be fixed asap. Regards.

Add a Comment