Crypting ITMS-90886 error abound bundles identifiers and provisioning profiles

I suddenly started to receive the following email with the error in it stating that my uploaded app is not available to be used in TestFlight:

ITMS-90886: 'Cannot be used with TestFlight because the signature for the bundle at “MyApp.app/Contents/PlugIns/MyAppWidgetExtension.appex” is missing an application identifier but has an application identifier in the provisioning profile for the bundle. Bundles with application identifiers in the provisioning profile are expected to have the same identifier signed into the bundle in order to be eligible for TestFlight.'

It was all working fine and now I am not sure even where to start looking. Signing, provisioning and everything else is managed automatically.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Eimantas Down vote post of Eimantas
1.1k views

Replies

I've received the same error as well. I'm using electron with nested helper applications (e.g. Main.app/Contents/Frameworks/Helper.app)

The following causes the error for me

codesign -s "$DISTRIBUTION_KEY" -f --entitlements "$CHILD_PLIST" "packages/mas-universal/{APP_NAME}.app/Contents/Frameworks/{APP_NAME} Helper (Renderer).app"
productbuild --component "packages/mas-universal/{APP_NAME}.app" /Applications --sign "$INSTALLER_KEY" "packages/{APP_NAME}.pkg"

--

This seems to fix the error, but causes a new error

codesign --sign {40-char-hash-from-electron/osx-sign} --force --timestamp --options runtime --entitlements "$CHILD_PLIST" "packages/mas-universal/{APP_NAME}.app/Contents/Frameworks/{APP_NAME} Helper (Renderer).app"
productbuild --component "packages/mas-universal/{APP_NAME}.app" /Applications --sign "$INSTALLER_KEY" "packages/{APP_NAME}.pkg"

--

WARNING ITMS-90885: ""Cannot be used with TestFlight because the executable “${executable}” in bundle “${bundle}” is missing a provisioning profile but has an application identifier in its signature. Nested executables are expected to have provisioning profiles with application identifiers matching the identifier in the signature in order to be eligible for TestFlight.""

Add a Comment