Xcode 15 Overheating M2

When using Xcode's Preview or Simulator, I noticed that my M2 Air will overheat. This hasn't happened before in Ventura or Xcode 14.

Same. CPU temps of 80 degrees C, running on an M1 Pro CPU - MacBook Pro. Just having Xcode open is enough for the temps to skyrocket.

I am also still experiencing the same issue on MacBook Air M2 16GB RAM and Somona. It is incredible how they just release SW that is creating such massive interruption for developers. I would love to continue my work on my own app but it feels like my computer is burning.

Sometimes it helps to switch to iPhone 14 and 16.4 simulator but for me it does not always help. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Same here with Macbook Air M2-16 GB. Waiting for the fix.

Same issue on M2 Pro Ventura IOS 17

sorry for cross-posting: those who need to work with iOS 17 Simulator and cannot use iOS 16 versions: I have posted my analysis and a workaround here:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/734573?answerId=771879022#771879022

in short: check for the „Poster“ processes and kill them. They are iOS 17 specific as we are now able to customise the front screen more In depth. (A very important feature if you work with a Simulator 😂)

Same on my M1 Max, I noticed this during the beta but figured they would fix it. I guess not...

Same issue here, MacBook Air M2. macOS: Sonoma 14.2

Same here over heat when open XCode 15, I use a Macbook m2 pro, macOS: Sonoma 14.2.1

Xcode 15 Overheating M2

Q