OBJECT CAPTURE API

Now that we have the Vision Pro, I really want to start using Apple's Object Capture API to transform real objects into 3D assets. I watched the latest Object Capture vid from WWDC 23 and noticed they were using a "sample app".

Does Apple provide this sample app to VisionOS developers or do we have to build our own iOS app?

Thanks and cheers!

Replies

Object Capture API is not provided on VisionOS since you cannot access the cameras on that device

• Sorry, referring to the object capture API for iOS. Wanting to capture photos via iphone 14 Pro object capture and have the virtual assets reside in my VisionOS app. Wondering if Apple has an app we can use on the iphone that leverages the latest object capture tech or do we need to either use a 3rd party app or build our own. Cheers

Add a Comment

I do hope they will revise that limitation over time as it would open a massive use case for realtime object capture. I understand their privacy concerns for camera access in general but they could just limit it to certain APIs.

Figured it out....Apple's latest 2023 Object Capture API has the source code under developer documentation. You can download it, run it and build your sample app from there!

Add a Comment