Stability issues with ManagedSettings on iOS 16.6? Lots of new crashes

Hello,

I am curious if someone else also noticed this. We have started getting reports about our app not working correctly (mostly related to the Device Activity monitor that "runs" in the background, https://developer.apple.com/documentation/deviceactivity/deviceactivitymonitor).

Upon checking the Xcode Organizer I can see somewhat significant amount of crashes that mostly appear to happen on iOS 16.6 - it is possible that our users don't wait with updating iOS but still looks suspicious.

The crashes are related to ManagedSettings calls outside our own code.

We haven't changes this code in a while so this coupled with the fact that these crashes happen "deep" in the ManagedSettings framework leads me to believe there is some other issue.

Upon further investigations it seems these issues aren't iOS 16.6 exclusive. By digging through the Xcode Organizer (with the filter set to last year) I found similar ones for iOS 16.4 from April and later for iOS 16.5. But nothing prior to iOS 16.4. Since our app has been out on the day iOS 16 was released this is suspicious. Either the Organizer doesn't show the crashes or they weren't happening.

Check the stats below:

We are also noticing the same issues on iOS 17 now.

I have also filled a feedback if anyone wants to reference it in their report: FB13092595

Stability issues with ManagedSettings on iOS 16.6? Lots of new crashes

Q