iOS 17 - default notification tone

iOS 17, the default notification tone is changed to - rebound instead of tri-tone. And now, it is too quite. Also, it can't be changed or replaced. Is it possible that it will be replaced/fixed ????

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of BYELIK Down vote post of BYELIK
40k views
  • I agree with being able to change it. For someone whos hard of hearing I would love to be able to change it.

• I just downloaded the update to iOS 17.1, and was hoping against hope that the third party app notification sound would be changed back to tri-tone, or at least to a louder tone. But no. Does no one at Apple care that this stupid new tone is barely able to be heard? This is getting so effing annoying. Please, please, please fiix it! Now! Somebody there must have SOME brains and be able to fix this. You have had a gazzillion messages and requests to fix this...what is taking so long???

• I agree with being able to change it. I have missed some important messages because I was unable to hear ringtone. Please fix it as soon as possible.

Replies

Please allow this to be changed. I only have 25% hearing in my left ear and I am unable to hear the new notification sound, especially if my phone is to my left. It's still hard to hear even if it is in a different location. I have missed numerous notifications. Is there a way I can revert to iOS16 until this is fixed?

It's not that difficult to just go into your text tones, scroll to classic and then re-seelct tri-tone...

• What if you want a differnt TEXT TONE??

• @mciancijr112 , it’s not the text alert we are annoyed with. We all know we can still changed that sound. It’s for notifications . Apple doesnt have a section in settings to change the tone for your notification.

Add a Comment

Update last night 17.1 and no mention of it, pathetic bring back tri tone, or option to use whatever sounds, why did they change this in the first place? 😡😡

100% This all the way. The sound is of a low frequency, and it's much more difficult to hear than Tri-Tone, weather it's technically the same volume or not, we must be able to change it to a custom sound , or at the very least have the option of re-enabling Tri-Tone vs rebound.

I am going to be a +1 for letting us choose what tone our device uses. Please allow us to make the change.

The worst update by Apple please fix it as soon as possible every time you get a notification from any app you feel like your call just dropped please fix it. it's so annoying.

Unable to hear it and to make it worse the tone sounds like when you drop a call

Please give us the old notification note and vibration. I am loosing a lot of notifications. Ios 17 Worst upgrade at all

already regret installing IOS17 just because of of this issue. Thanks Apple!

Absolutely HATE this change! Elder millennial who needs to actually hear when a notification comes through and it's crazy that this can't be customized like all the other sounds. Definitely needs to be fixed!

We were using tri-tone for important alerts. Now rebound volume is very weak (too quite) , not usfull, @ Apple kindly let us change it.

For the love of God, Apple, please let me change the "Rebound" sound of notifications to one that I can hear. I'm missing important notifications when my iPhone is in my pocket.

• I'm really having a lot of desire to dust off my old Samsung Galaxy S9

Add a Comment

This unilateral decision is shameful! How can you, from your ivory tower, force all your customers all over the world to accept this fck... notification? At least give us the chance to change it, it's the least we can expect from a phone costing over $1000!

I don't even understand the rational behind this change. Apple, change it back or you're losing a customer to Android!

Fix it