MacBook Air M1 base Varient

Hii I want to know that is MacBook Air M1 base Varient enough for Coding iOS/app development I'm 2023. I don't care how much time will take to make app or run the program I will also buy External Ssd too. Pls suggest anyone who knows or 16gb is enough m1 MacBook Air cause I can afford Only MacBook Air M1 or I have to buy MacBook Air m2 base varient

It should go without saying that more performance is better when it comes to app development. This is particularly true if you want to develop for visionOS, where the simulator puts a lot of demand on your Mac. That’s not such a big deal when targeting iOS.

Looking at the Apple Store today, the cheapest MacBook Air is the M1 variant with 8 GB of memory and 256 GB of storage. I wouldn’t worry about the CPU; the M1 is plenty fast. It seems that you already have a plan to deal with the storage, which is cool. That leaves the 8 GB of memory as the main sticking point. That’s quite tight. It’ll probably work but, if you can afford to bump it up to 16 GB, that’d be a lot better.

This is all just my opinion, of course. I wouldn’t be surprised if other folks chimed in with their experience.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

… who’s still on an Intel MacBook Pro, whose CPU is way slower than your shiny new M1 will be (-:

MacBook Air M1 base Varient

Q