After my project is built using Xcode 15 it crashes wherever I have created cpp instance using "new" in OS 11 with arm processor systems.

I am building a project which has swift, cpp and objective - c files. Till now the app was working fine. But now Since the app is built using the newer Xcode version ie Xcode 15, the app is crashing in the BigSur( MacOS 11) using arm64 processor. It works fine in all other OS including OS 11 with x86_64 processor. When I checked the reason for the crash, the crash report points at the place where we created cpp instances in objective c file. My code is as follows

_deviceList = new AudioDeviceList(false); // AudioDeviceList is the cpp class and I am creating instance for this in Objective c file

mBassTrebleLevelLeft = new BassTreble(512); // BassTreble is the cpp class and I am creating instance for this in Objective c file

The crash points at these lines. Can anyone please help me why there is issue with Xcode 15 on creation of cpp instance?

The problem is with the cpp instance creation itself. Because I created a new sample project which just creates an instance of cpp class and prints some statement. The sample project is built using Xcode 15 and it works fine in all other OS except with OS 11 having arm processor. So any idea what is the issue with this and how can it be solved?

It’s hard to be 100% sure, but it’s possible that you’re being hit by a known issue. For the details, search the Xcode 15 Release Notes for 114813650.

Note that the Xcode 15.1 Beta 2 Release Notes indicate that it’s resolved there.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

After my project is built using Xcode 15 it crashes wherever I have created cpp instance using "new" in OS 11 with arm processor systems.

Q