Generic Protocol Specification for USB Flash Drive to communicate with IOS App

Hello Everyone,

I am developing an IOS application for communicating with USB Flash Drive. For that I am going to use EAAccessory Framework. To be use EAAccessory Framework I need to mention protocol specification of USB Flash Drive (hardware) in info.plist file.

Looking forward to know generic protocol specification which will enable IOS application to communicate with most or all USB flash drives.

• I want to perform some file operation programmatically like : File transfer from iOS app to usb drive, create new file, edit existing file. Also looking to get serial number of flash drive programmatically.

Add a Comment

Replies

Looking forward to know generic protocol specification which will enable iOS application to communicate with most or all USB flash drives.

There is no such thing. External Accessory framework requires an MFi accessory, and that’s not the case for “most or all USB flash drives”.

What are you trying to do here? Why do you need a custom communications channel to the drive?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• I want to perform some file operation programmatically like : File transfer from iOS app to usb drive, create new file, edit existing file. Also looking to get serial number of flash drive programmatically.

Add a Comment