Background URLSession adopters are required to have the com.apple.application-identifier entitlement

Hi, I am unable to silence this warning: Background URLSession adopters are required to have the com.apple.application-identifier entitlement. I am not using any entitlements. This warning appeared when I switched to Xcode15 and Sonoma. I followed the steps mentioned in this link: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1710/_index.html, but it did not help. The BundleID is correct (I haven't changed it in a couple of years). Do you have any idea what the issue could be? Thank you.

Replies

Background URLSession adopters are required to have the com.apple.application-identifier entitlement

What platform are you targeting?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hi,

maOS, Standard Architecture (Apple Silicon, Intel), min. dep.: 11.00, XCode Version 15.1 beta 3 (15C5059c)

Thank you.

J.

I have the same problem with a minimal HLS download SwiftUI test app on an M1 iMac, it's just the basic code from the "Media Programming Guide".

The call to: let downloadSession = AVAssetDownloadURLSession(configuration: configuration, assetDownloadDelegate: self, delegateQueue: OperationQueue.main)

is causing the following messages to appear in the console window: Background URLSession adopters are required to have com.apple.application-identifier entitlement.

The same code in a command line app gives the following message: Background URLSession adopters are required to have a bundle identifier. If you are developing a daemon, please enable CREATE_INFOPLIST_SECTION_IN_BINARY build setting.

There is a bundle identifier for the console app's project.