Issue with APNS Token Registration on iOS 16.7.1 - Firebase FCM Token Generated but Register Device Token delegate Not Called

I'm currently facing an issue with APNS token registration on iOS 16.7.1 specifically for iPhone 8+. I'm working on integrating Firebase into my iOS app for push notifications.

Problem:

The problem I'm encountering is that the didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken and didFailToRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithError delegates are not being called at all, despite Firebase successfully generating the FCM token.

Environment:

Device: iPhone 8+ iOS Version: 16.7.1 Xcode Version: latest Swift Version: latest Firebase SDK Version: latest

Observations:

1. Firebase successfully generates the FCM token, indicating that the device is able to connect to Firebase Cloud Messaging.
  2. However, the standard APNS delegate methods (didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken and didFailToRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithError) are not being triggered.
  3. This issue seems specific to iOS 16.7.1 on the iPhone 8+. I already tested on other iphone its work normaly.

Steps Taken:

1.Ensured that APNS is properly configured in the Apple Developer Console. 2.Firebase is set up correctly, as evidenced by the successful generation of FCM tokens. 3. No relevant errors or warnings in the Xcode console.

Question:

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue on iOS 16.7.1 or with iPhone 8+ devices? Any insights or suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Additional Information:

If you need more information or code snippets, please let me know. If there's a more appropriate place to post this issue or if it has already been addressed, kindly guide me.

Replies

You may want to investigate with the Firebase support channels about this. You will find that there is an option for it to use up the tokens for it's own use and not pass it on to your app.