Activations# "api subscription_event report" vs "web sales and trends event report"

On one hand: I download the following report from the Apple Store API: https://api.appstoreconnect.apple.com/v1/salesReports with the following filters:

"filter[reportType]": "SUBSCRIPTION_EVENT",

"filter[reportSubType]": "SUMMARY",

"filter[frequency]": "DAILY",

"filter[version]": "1_3"

On the other hand: I download the report from the website, generated by: "sales and trends", "Event", and filtering by "event Type=Activations.

If I sum the Quantity field of the events corresponding to activations (according to this other website), the daily activation counts differ between the API and the web report. The quantity is higher in the web report and lower in the API, averaging a difference of approximately 50%, if not more

I confirmed that the events I should count in the API are: 'Start Introductory Offer,' 'Subscribe,' 'Opt-In,' 'Start Offer Code,' according to the website I copied above, but they do not add up to the total activations shown on the website.

The same happens with "Reactivations."

What could be happening?

Thanks for everything

Replies

After analyzing extensively, we realized that there is an issue with the time zone difference.

When I request the API to bring me information for the date 09/01/2024, according to my timezone (UTC-3), it even retrieves data with 'event_date=08/01/2024' but with another timezone smaller than mine (UTC -8, for example).

If I consider those data points, the API vs. WEB comparison becomes consistent.

So you have to consider the time zone for requests by date in the Store Connect API.