iOS misleading users with payment notification timing

I'm getting really frustrated with emails from my App users who believe they've been charged for a free in-app purchase when they haven't.

My App offers many in-app purchases of digital items and I give 4 of these away for free to let users get comfortable with how it works in-app.

Over the last couple of years I've had a steady increase in angry emails from users who accuse me of fraud by charging them for a free item. I couldn't figure out for a while what this was as they would leave a 1 star rating, delete the app and ignore my emails for more information.

Recently I had someone a bit more patient engage and explain it to me.

The purchase for some reason popped up on my notifications right when I bought the [Free Item in my app]. It was from a movie I bought and the bill was delayed.

The timing of that notification is what is misleading users about the free in-app purchase. Can someone take note of this please and perhaps delay any payment notifications so they aren't sent when the in-app purchase is for FREE?

Thanks!

Accepted Reply

Could you please file a feedback ticket (feedbackassistant.apple.com) and include an Order ID or other user details in the ticket for an affected user, then post the FB number here.

• I opened an Apple Developer Support case not long after I posted this. I've just opened a feedback ticket now too. FB13559460

Add a Comment

Replies

Could you please file a feedback ticket (feedbackassistant.apple.com) and include an Order ID or other user details in the ticket for an affected user, then post the FB number here.

• I opened an Apple Developer Support case not long after I posted this. I've just opened a feedback ticket now too. FB13559460

Add a Comment