Xcode Cloud builds successfully but fails deployment preparation for "TestFlight and App Store" with: Invalid Signature. Code failed to satisfy specified code requirement(s). The file at path “{App Name}.app/{App Name}” is not properly signed.

Xcode Cloud succeeds in building the Release configuration of the app, but whenever deployment preparation is set to "TestFlight and App Store" the last step fails with:

ITMS-90035: Invalid Signature. Code failed to satisfy specified code requirement(s). The file at path “{AppName}.app/{AppName}” is not properly signed. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose “Clean All” in Xcode, delete the “build” directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target. For more information, please consult https://developer.apple.com/support/code-signing.

When I build for release (with manual signing) everything works as expected and uploading to TestFlight for external testing works.

I have tried to removed every imported framework, library, file etc. only keeping the bare minimum and still Xcode Cloud fails with the same error. I even created a new empty project but I still get the same error. My only guess is that something is off with the automatically generated certificates (or provisioning profiles) that Apple creates.

1. Is there any way to figure out what specifically makes the signing fail?

2. Is there a way to reset Xcode Cloud to clear all data and caches, revoke all certificates and remove all accosiated provisioning profiles?

Replies

Update: I switched to another team, changed the bundle id etc. and got it to work for that other team!

But still no luck with the original project setup. I think it's the automatically generated provisioning profiles that are incorrect. It looks like its an "iOS Team Provisioning Profile" that is used but what I really want is a "iOS Team Store Provisioning Profile".
Is there a way to delete these profiles? They are not visible in https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/profiles/list

I've tried to regenerate the automatic profiles but unchecking/checking "Automatically manage signing" in Xcode (validating that the "Code Signing Identity" is "Apple Distribution" in-between tries, but with no luck... Still getting the development profile and build error:

{App} has conflicting provisioning settings. {App} is automatically signed for development, but a conflicting code signing identity Apple Distribution has been manually specified. Set the code signing identity value to "Apple Development" in the build settings editor, or switch to manual signing in the Signing & Capabilities editor.

Anyone? Anything? Quinn where are you ;)?

Quinn where are you ;)?

Lurking, in the vain hope that someone else might have some experience with this (-:

Is there a way to delete these profiles?

No. Xcode Cloud uses Cloud Signing, and those profiles aren’t visible to you.

I even created a new empty project but I still get the same error.

Did you give it the same bundle ID as your main project? Or is this a new empty project with a new bundle ID?

That matters because, if the latter fails, that suggests that something is broken within this specific team.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Unfortunately I used the same bundle id as in my main project (I used another bundle id and another team id when I got it to work).

I'll test with a new bundle id, but my suspicion is that something is broken with the current (cached?) xcode cloud setup for this team. I've "deleted xcode cloud data" and waited a couple of days for possible caches to clear but still no luck (:

Is there any way to reset ALL xcode cloud data (incl. provisioning profiles etc.)? Is there a way to get help from Apple with that? And what's the proper channel in that case?

• Update: I created a new bundle id (not an empty project unfortunately, I'll do that as well) and got the same "Invalid Signature" error as stated above.

• Update 2: 1. Removed all automatically generated certificates. 2. Created a new empty project with a new bundle id and manual signing for release. 3. Setup xcode cloud. 4. Manual build & upload through xcode succeeded. 5. Xcode cloud build & upload failed with the same "Invalid Signature" error.

Add a Comment

Yeah, I’m outta ideas here. Assuming no one else chimes in, I recommend that you seek formal support via Apple > Developer > Contact Us.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Any updates? I have the same issue and i can't seem to make it work.

I have this same issue, any update? I contacted apple support but I didn't get a response yet.