Apple Watch SE2 Xcode Debugging Issues

I currently own an Apple Watch SE2 device.

However, when I try to debug from the watch to the actual device, the connection loss issue occurs all too often. Once the connection is lost, it continues to try to connect in the Disconnected list on the Xcode "Devices and Simulators" screen and is in a loading state. Very often, even when the connection is established and you are trying to start debugging, it drops out.

Xcode cannot debug properly on the actual device.

I later found out that the Apple Watch SE2 does not support 5.0 Hz Wi-Fi, only 2.5 Hz.

I think that might be the cause.

Is this phenomenon less likely to occur if you debug on an actual device such as a regular Apple Watch 7/8/9 or Ultra model?

In fact, if debugging is difficult with the Apple Watch SE model, I am wondering whether I should purchase an additional Apple Watch.

Or is there another way to improve this issue?

It would be nice if the Apple Watch could be debugged by connecting it to a Mac with an actual cable like the iPhone.

I am wondering if there is a way to disable and enable network debugging in Xcode. In the past, debugging the watch using only Bluetooth with the iPhone in Xcode seemed to be more stable.

Except for the Watch, the iPad doesn't have any major issues with Wi-Fi debugging on the iPhone.

Replies

i had the same issue, also apple watch se, moving closer to the wifi router helped me, i sat with my mac and apple watch right next to it

• Thank you for answer. The router is in another room, so I'm going to purchase a new router and place it in the same room as my MacBook, iPhone, and Apple Watch.

Add a Comment