How to open app and show persistent notification upon receiving push notification on iOS

Hello everyone,

I am developing a feature in my app where, upon receiving a push notification, the app should open automatically if it is closed and the screen is locked. If the device is unlocked, a persistent notification should appear and only be removed with user interaction.

We managed to implement this functionality on Android using some configurations and additional rules. With this, upon receiving a push notification, the app opens automatically or a permanent notification appears.

I would like to know how I can implement this functionality on iOS using Swift. Is there any specific configuration or API that allows the app to open automatically upon receiving a push notification or to display a persistent notification on the unlocked screen?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Answered by DTS Engineer in 788404022

In iOS it is not possible to bring an app to the foreground without user interaction. Nor it is possible to have a notification stay on screen permanently.

In iOS it is not possible to bring an app to the foreground without user interaction. Nor it is possible to have a notification stay on screen permanently.

How to open app and show persistent notification upon receiving push notification on iOS

Q