Unable to Verify Code Signature with Error 0xe8008018 Despite Troubleshooting Attempts

Hello everyone,

I am encountering a persistent issue with Xcode where I’m unable to install my app on a testing device due to the following error message:

Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.SznYNY/extracted/iForC.app : 0xe8008018 (The identity used to sign the executable is no longer valid.)

Here’s what I have tried so far to resolve this issue:

1.	Ensured that all my certificates and provisioning profiles are current and valid.
2.	Removed all related certificates from my Keychain and reinstalled new ones.
3.	Cleaned and rebuilt the project multiple times.
4.	Unpaired the device and paired it again.
5.	Reinstalled the latest version of Xcode.
6.	Performed a complete restore of my Mac.

Despite these troubleshooting steps, I am still facing the same issue. I would greatly appreciate any insights or experiences related to this error from anyone who has overcome similar challenges.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Let’s try some extra diagnostics:

• Create a new test project from one of Xcode’s built-in templates. Make sure that automatic code signing is enabled. Are you able to run that on the device?

• Create a new user on your Mac (using System Settings > Users & Groups). Log out of your current user and log in as that user. Repeat the previous point. Are you able to run the app on the device from there?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I have followed the extra diagnostics provided:

1.	Created a new test project from one of Xcode’s built-in templates with automatic code signing enabled. I was not able to run the test project on the device.
2.	Created a new user on my Mac, logged out of my current user, and logged in as the new user. I repeated the previous step and still was not able to run the app on the device.

Despite following these steps, I am still encountering the same error: “Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.SznYNY/extracted/iForC.app: 0xe8008018 (The identity used to sign the executable is no longer valid.)”.

I would appreciate further guidance on resolving this issue. Thank you.

Do you have a different iOS device that you can test on?

If so, try running your app on that. What do you get?

Share and Enjoy

I did but still have that problem !

I try new app , new Mac , new device but still have the problem ! I called apple Support said revoke certificates , but I did many many times , and call again and nothing new , Problem still here @eskimo pls help me

Well, that is weird. The only thing in common to all these tests is your development team. I recommend that you try using a different team. One neat trick here is to sign in to Xcode with a new Apple ID. If that Apple ID isn’t a member of any existing developer team, Xcode will use it as a Personal Team. A Personal Team has a bunch of restrictions — for the details, see Developer > Support > Choosing a Membership — but it should be sufficient to build and run an app.

Please try that and write back with your results.

Share and Enjoy

Hi,

I tried logging in with a different Apple ID and was able to run the app, but that ID is not a developer account, so I couldn't build my project because it uses In-App Purchase. Do you have any solutions for this issue with my main developer account? I called developer support but they couldn't resolve the problem.

I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thank you very much,

I tried logging in with a different Apple ID and was able to run the app

OK, that’s good news, because it confirms that your local Xcode setup is fine.

Do you have any solutions for this issue with my main developer account?

No, sorry, this seems to be tied to your primary developer account and only DevPrograms has access to those details.

Share and Enjoy

Unable to Verify Code Signature with Error 0xe8008018 Despite Troubleshooting Attempts

Q