Bug: Screen Time (iOS 18 Developer Beta 1)

Hey,

So I obviously downloaded the dev beta the second I could, and I didn’t notice any bugs. Except after the first reboot, the new Screen Time settings UI is replaced by the old one (see video below). This also has an effect on Remote Screen Time Management somehow, making any change (Downtime, App limit, etc) from the guardian’s device over the internet (as in not directly on the managed phone) not take effect at all. Rebooting does nothing, connecting to wifi does nothing, everything. I reported this to the Feedback Assistant so hopefully they catch wind of this soon.

Anyone else experiencing this bug or does anyone have a workaround? Reply if so.

Thanks, Mr. Sharky

Ignore options don’t work, settings crashes when trying to open screen time options, system is completely broken. This needs to be fixed asap

beta 2 didn't correct the bug!! Meaning no acess to my data!

update on iOS 18 Developer Beta 2. The issue is still here, unfixed and even worse. Apple, fix this real quick!!! Every app from my phone keeps getting locked for 10 hours and I can't do anything. When I'm trying to open the menu, it even takes a longer time to crash and it slows my whole phone.

Yes on ipados 18.0 beta 2 this option screen time can not be opened, it just hangs settings app. Sounds like an improvement, as it was crashing badly xD

Yup. Same issue just worse now. The settings screen for everything lags when you select screen time and won’t even open it. You can’t dismiss search for “screen time” through the general search bar and it still doesn’t open. Cselevting the locked out apps and trying to bypass the limit or extend for 15 minutes doesn’t work either. I submitted another report for the beta 2. I suggest yall do that too.

Was so excited when I saw Beta 2 drop, but this issue is still happening. Clicking on screentime in settings does nothing - clicking ignore for today or ignore for 15 also does nothing.

Workaround - set date and time to hours outside of downtime, turn off automatic date and time. This at least allows me into apps I need after hours.

Confirming that the following steps resolved the issue for me:

1. Take an icloud backup (of the ios18 device)
  2. Reset all content and settings (except for esim)
  3. Restore icloud backup on reset device

This seems to clear any screentime settings when the device is reset and the backup is restored. My device is setup as a main device (not sure if this would work on a family/parental controlled device)

I've submitted the issue through the feedback app (FB14019780). I recommend everyone else in this thread do the same to help draw attention to it and hopefully get it fixed in the next update.

Hi All, Got the same issue . Show a fix on youtube. Tryed it and i was stuck in the settings. My Personal Apple ID info was locked. And i good not fix it with the sceentime. So had to restore the Phone. After that just what settings and in just 30 min i was back online. Now Screen time is also working in IOS18

IOS data base 2 and still not working. Apple needs to fix this asap. It’s giving me headaches at this point. 🤦‍♂️

Looks like the update from IOS17 to ISO18 Beta is not working oke. After the update got stuck with the lookup on my personal settings. And Screentime was not working. After a reset en restore with the cloud backup had to setup a few settings. But looks more easy then it used to be. So happy that all is working again. Even the Screentime

Help! I have the exact same problem as you with this damned usage time, but it was taking us away until yesterday morning, but today it wasn't found and I have almost all the apps on my 13 pro blocked. But in the SE 2022 from which I am writing there is a problem with the alarm clock icon which does not go away well. I'm desperate and have made several reports both via email and with the feedback app. Pls Help Apple!!!!

For me I had screen time on for 3 apps and I had it on for about a minute just reminding me to not watch it a lot in the morning and when I downloaded the IOS 18 beta, the Apps work perfectly fine and then after 1 minute they almost crash! Theres no sound, I can’t send any videos and on one of the apps nothings working. I’ve tried everything like turning screen time off completely off all my devices and disabling everything but nothing seems to work. I’ve provided this in the new feedback assistance, but I would like this bug to be fixed as soon as possible so I can start accessing those apps again!

Ever since my son updated to iOS 18, the screen time limits we set remotely don't work. He's able to **** right past the limits with no blocking of access anymore. This is incredibly frustrating and needs to be fixed!

More than a month and 3 updates later, the issue still remains on my iPhone 15 pro max. With being so close to a public beta release apple has still not made any progress in fixing this very simple issue. Such a big letdown from Apple making life harder for so many people. For being such a big company they shouldn’t need to ask for help from their users to download such lackluster beta versions for free. Come on apple do better

Bug: Screen Time (iOS 18 Developer Beta 1)

Q