Get Crash Reports for watchOS Apps

I hope I'm wrong on this one, but as far as I understand watchOS is not able to collect/ capture Mach Exceptions and Signals. Which is the majority of crashes happening on watchOS.

I'm looking for a proper way to automatically receive crash reports from a watchOS app. If this truly is a system limitation there's no way any tool can workaround it.

Does anyone know of a workaround or tool to automatically collect crashes on watchOS? (I'm aware that it's possible to do so manually)

Answered by DTS Engineer in 792771022

We wanted to inform you that a server-side issue affecting the delivery of watchOS crash files to Xcode Organizer has been resolved.

As a result, you should now start receiving crash files from watchOS devices for your apps. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for these files to appear in your Xcode Organizer.

We truly value your patience and cooperation. We hope this helps developers who found issues receiving those crash files.

Regardless of platform, creating your own crash reporter is a very bad idea. I go into this in deep detail in Implementing Your Own Crash Reporter.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

We wanted to inform you that a server-side issue affecting the delivery of watchOS crash files to Xcode Organizer has been resolved.

As a result, you should now start receiving crash files from watchOS devices for your apps. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for these files to appear in your Xcode Organizer.

We truly value your patience and cooperation. We hope this helps developers who found issues receiving those crash files.

Get Crash Reports for watchOS Apps

Q