Notification Received on Consumable Purchase

Hello,

I am encountering an issue where I receive an App Store Server Notification V2 upon the purchase of a consumable item.

I have configured the App Store Server Notification V2 endpoint to handle notifications related to subscription products.

However, I did not expect to receive notifications for consumable purchases.

The notification includes the following signedPayload decoded into the ResponseBodyV2DecodedPayload object with the following values:

• notificationUUID: 3cd6410b-0c89-4247-aba5-20710e79895e
  • notificationType: null
  • subtype: null

The transaction information decoded from the ResponseBodyV2DecodedPayload object is as follows:

• transactionId: 2000000633622618
  • webOrderLineItemId: null
  • productId: heart_2

To debug, I called the Get Notification History API of the App Store Server API, and the mentioned notification for the consumable product purchase is not included in the history. Only notifications related to subscription product purchases are retrieved.

According to the notification type documentation, there is no explanation for cases where both notificationType and subtype are null, nor is there any mention of receiving notifications for consumable purchases. Therefore, I am uncertain how to interpret and handle this notification.

Could you please provide an explanation or guidance on this issue?

Thank you.

References:

Bundle ID: com.reppley.ReppleyApp

SKU: com.reppley.ReppleyApp

Feedback Assistant Number: FB13979996

We send both ONE_TIME_CHARGE and refund-related notifications for consumables, for example. We would expect a notificationType to be present there. Note if you are using the App Store Server Library and have not updated to the latest version, you may only see ONE_TIME_CHARGE in the rawNotificationType field because there is no corresponding enum value.

Notification Received on Consumable Purchase

Q