CoreBluetooth Advertising and Scanning Issue in iOS 18/iPadOS 18 Beta 3

Hello,

Has anyone encountered issues with CoreBluetooth advertising and scanning between iOS 18/iPadOS 18 Beta 3 ? I'm want to know this is a bug or an intended change in behavior.

Issue Summary:

• Central device on iOS 18/iPadOS 18 Beta 3 (foreground) and Peripheral device on iOS 17.5.1 (background) fail to communicate via BLE advertising.
  • The reverse setup or using non-iOS 18 devices works as expected.

Detailed Description:

I am developing an iOS/iPadOS application using CoreBluetooth for advertising and scanning. Here are the specifics of my setup:

• The application uses a fixed BLE service UUID, and scanning is performed with the specified service UUID.
  • Background Modes Uses Bluetooth LE accessories and Acts as a Bluetooth LE accessory are enabled to allow advertising and scanning even when the app is in the background.

When the Central device is running iOS 18/iPadOS 18 Beta 3 and the app is in the foreground scanning, and the Peripheral device is running iOS 17.5.1 with the app in the background advertising, the Central device cannot receive the advertisements from the Peripheral device. ( CBCentralManagerDelegate.centralManager(_:didDiscover:advertisementData:rssi:) don't work.)

• In the reverse scenario (Central on iOS 17.5.1 in the foreground scanning, and Peripheral on iOS 18/iPadOS 18 Beta 3 in the background advertising), the advertisements are received correctly.
  • Additionally, advertisements are received correctly in cases where both devices are not on iOS 18/iPadOS 18.

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue or if there is any information available regarding whether this is a bug or an intended behavior change in iOS 18/iPadOS 18.

Thank you.

CoreBluetooth Advertising and Scanning Issue in iOS 18/iPadOS 18 Beta 3

Q