IOS 18 BETA 4 Update Issues with Google Maps in Carplay

There is definitely a glitch with the latest update of iOS 18 Beta4 with Google Maps in carplay mode.

Google Maps on the car screen is almost responsive. It does not recognize your home or work address.

While there might be a workaround to get to your destination. Use Siri to get directions, but speak the full address and tell it to give directions using Google Maps.

For e.g. "Hey Siri, get me directions to "XX LOCATION" using Google Maps"

You can use Apple Maps and Waze. But its hard for people to use another navigation app rather than using what they are used to.

I find Google Maps really easy to use and handy, and now, with the latest update of Google Maps you can update live incidents, accidents, slowdowns and traffic reports from your dashboard

You're using Google Maps that was built for iOS 17 on a beta of iOS 18. Google hasn't updated that app for iOS 18 yet, and even if they're actively working on it (which they likely are), they cannot release it yet because iOS 18 isn't out yet. You're just going to have to wait.

If you've found bugs with Apple's CarPlay - specifically CarPlay - then I recommend you raise a Feedback Report here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

If you've found bugs in Google Maps, then you should report those to Google.

IOS 18 BETA 4 Update Issues with Google Maps in Carplay

Q