10.13 MBP won't sleep/wake

When I put my MBP to sleep via menu bar or diaglog box(hold power for 5 secs, click "Sleep") it will go to sleep and wake up properly. When I close the lid or walk away from my MBP it will not wake. It will not wake becuase it has actually not gone to sleep. The SIL(sleep indicator light) will come on once sleep is indicated. It will not breathe, just solid on. When I open the lid it does darken a bit, like it's about to come back, but it won't!

Seperately the console app won' open so I can't get at the logs easily.

Machine: 2011 13" MBP 16GB/525SSD dirty install from 10.12

Accepted Reply

I was able to get this working again uing terminal.

In terminal:

pmset -g custom

Look at 'hibernate' mode and 'standby"

Hibernate mode should be '3' and Standby should be '1' (my standby was set to '0')

Change 'standby' to '1' using - sudo pmset standby 1

My MBP now correctly goes in to standby when closing the lid and wakes when opening it.

Replies

See my post for those of you without a "standby" option in pmset!

I checked my MacBook pro and my pmset( power manage set) is normal, but I still have this problem. I think maybe it's a system problem that only can be solved by system update.

Thank you ! Appreciate your effort

I didn't have the issue, then I had it for a while... then it seemed to work -- then the issue came back and stayed back. I received a message about a critical patch a couple of weeks ago and the sleep/wake seemed to work since then. Two days ago -- the issue cameback. I didn't upgrade anything, update antything, change any behaviour I was doing ... the issue just came back. Now it's back and it's worse than ever.

before, open the lid when asleep the screen would start to brighten up and then freeze ... now my screen just stays black.

The touch bar mostly comes up and then stays on -- but sometimes it blinks out -- but the machine is still locked... touch id doesn't work.

after so long, the machine crashes -- and is black/dark for like 20 seconds... then starts to boot and crashes again after a few seconds -- and THEN it will boot up all the way.

That's how I start my computer now -- I start up freeze, after a minute crash, start up, crash, start up ...

every single time.

Can some one clarify: should the hibernatemode = 3 or should it be 0 (zero) as per this thread (https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/237727#237727)

I setup standby=1 as suggested, but has not helped. The MBP crashed again during the night. At least it crashed after the backup/manual copying that I had initiated. And once it crashed, it came up with the 'wsod' (white screen of death) and then no restarting for multiple times (the WSOD has started with the recent 10.13.1 beta update)