Found a way to downgrade to iOS 10.3.2

have noticed a few people with the same issue upon downgrading from iOS 11 beta 2 to iOS 10.3.2, in which trying to restore it becomes a endless loop of getting stuck at the recovery mode on the iPhone. I have found a potential way of fixing it. So if you are currently stuck in that recovery mode and its not going anywhere update your iPhone with the IOS 11 beta 1 via selecting the .ipsw. Once that has completed set up your iPhone but do not sign into your iCloud (note you can sign into wifi). Once you have set up your iPhone connect your iPhone to your computer. Then restore to iOS 10.3.3 from your download .ipsw file, set up your phone once more. After that restore agin to the iOS 10.3.2. Then it is recomended that you set up the iPhone but do not sign in quite yet but to confirm that it is at the correct version of iOS 10.3.2. After it has been confirmed factory reset your phone then set it up like normal. Congratulations you are back to iOS 10.3.2.

What you will need:

iOS 11.0 ipsw (restore image)

iOS 10.3.3 ipsw(restore image)

iOS 10.2.3 ipsw

(please note I am on a iphone 7, you will have to select the correct files for your device)

• I WAS trying to downgrade iOS 15 to iOS 10 on my old iPhone 7 Plus. Can you please find the solution to do that?

Thank you.

Add a Comment

Replies

>Congratulations you are back to iOS 10.3.2.

The OS maybe, but the firmware will still be whatever the beta lays in.

yep, I learned this the hard way. I thought my phone was bricked.

+++ Fixed Issue +++

For all those who have the problem of downgrading from iOS 11 beta 2 to iOS 10.3.2, I am aware that I have just managed to do this successfully. Here are the steps:

Start from:

iPhone 7 iOS 11 beta 2 (iPhone_7_11.0_15A5304i_Restore);

Put iPhone 7 in DFU;

Restore iOS 11 beta 1 from iTunes (iPhone_7_11.0_15A5278f_Restore)

Return it immediately to DFU directly from the welcome screen;

Restore iOS 10.3.2 from iTunes (iPhone_7_10.3.2_14F89_Restore);

The operation ended well and now I'm back to the stable version.

Best regards,

Vincenzo

Downgrading to 10.3.3 beta seem to work Ok (or it did for me). I just downloaded 10.3.3b restore file from developer site, put phone in DFU mode (already in this due to downgrade from 11 b2 to 10.3.2 failing as you indicate).

Currenlty I have not tried 10.3.3b to 10.3.2 downgrade

what about the beta profile that we installed when enrolling for the stupid beta program? that is still installed in my phone. i got stuck while downgrading from ios11 dirrectly to ios 10.3.2. then i downloaded the 10.3.3 beta ipsw file and now im on this beta firmware. now i want to revert back to the current stable version that is 10.3.2. do i directly restore or should i go to settings>profiles and then delete that apple profile???

This worked perfectly for me. Thank you.

Just made a downgrade on my iPad Pro 10.5 from 11.0 to 10.3.3 to 10.3.2 and I can confirm that it works.

@TO

There's a typing error at the bottom of your comment "iOS 10.2.3 ipsw".

are you italian?

Is there still a download link available for the Beta 1?

This might not be applicable to the developer beta, but Apple has released an official downgrade guide for the iOS11 public beta: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/restore#ios

Hey vinca,

i have the same problem, that im stucked in recovery mode. You said you have to install the restore image, but on Apple's website i can only find the 10.3.3 restore image for iPhone 6/6+ or earlier?

Can you help me with that?

Thanks in advance

From where you all got this restore images? I can't find them anywhere?! I need the restore image for 11 Beta 1 and 10.3.2

Please could someone help me out?

Thank you very much! I spent the last 6 hours without a working phone. Google and you are my friends!

success finally bought Tenorshare ReiBoot Pro for Mac and days of stuck inrecovery are over.

This works....google for ios 11 beta restore ipsw