In communications distributed only in the United States, the appropriate symbol (™, ℠, or ®) must follow each Apple trademark the first time it is mentioned in body copy. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
For example, use Apple Watch®, iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Apple TV®, and App Store®, Mac App Store℠, Mac®, MacBook Pro®, MacBook Air®, and iMac®.
Don’t add symbols to headline copy or to the App Store badge artwork provided by Apple.
For the correct trademark symbols, refer to the Apple Trademark List.
Use the appropriate credit lines in all communications worldwide, listing all the Apple trademarks and products included in your communication and advertising. Include the credit lines only once in your communication or website, and place the credit lines wherever you provide legal notification. Follow standard practices for the placement of legal copy, such as creating additional screens or providing interactive links. When the App Store badge is used, credit both Apple and the Apple Logo.
Refer to the Apple Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark (except the Apple Logo, where the logo appears at the right foot).
Use the following formats for distribution within the United States only:
______ and ______ are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
______ and ______ are trademarks of Apple Inc.
For distribution outside the United States, use one of the following international credit notices:
______ and______ are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
______ and______ are trademarks of Apple Inc.
A translation of the legal notice and credit lines (but not the trademarks) can be used in materials distributed outside the U.S. Never translate an Apple trademark.
For more information on using Apple trademarks, see Using Apple Trademarks and Copyrights.
Association with Apple
Your app screen images, Mac, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV product images, or photographs thereof cannot be used in any manner that falsely suggests an association with Apple or is likely to reduce, diminish, or damage the goodwill, value, or reputation associated with the App Store, the Mac App Store, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, Apple TV, or Apple itself.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING APP STORE MARKETING ARTWORK LICENSE AGREEMENT (“MARKETING AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING OR USING THE APPLE ARTWORK (AS DEFINED BELOW). THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONSTITUTE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND APPLE.
BY CHECKING THE APPROPRIATE BOX IN THE APP STORE MARKETING GUIDELINES, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE FOR YOUR DEVELOPER ACCOUNT AND THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS MARKETING AGREEMENT.
App Store Marketing Artwork License Agreement
Whereas, Apple Inc. (“Apple”) and You (collectively, the “Parties”) have entered into the Apple Developer Program License Agreement (as amended from time to time, “Program Agreement”); and
Whereas, You desire to use certain artwork in connection with marketing Your applications available on the App Store pursuant to the Program Agreement, the Parties agree to enter into this Marketing Agreement effective as of the date clicked through by You. Except as expressed in writing herein, nothing in this document shall be construed to modify the Program Agreement in any way.
1. Subject to the terms of this Marketing Agreement, Apple grants You a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use the App Store badge, the App Store icon, and certain product images provided to You by Apple under this Marketing Agreement for Apple-branded products running iOS, watchOS, tvOS, or macOS (or any successor thereto) (collectively, the “Artwork”) only in connection with Your applications that are available for download on the App Store (“Applications”) and only while You are a member of the Apple Developer Program.
2. You agree that Your use of the Artwork will be in strict compliance with the App Store Marketing and Advertising Guidelines for Developers found at https://developer.apple.com/app-store/marketing/guidelines/, which may be amended from time to time and also with Apple’s Guidelines for Using Apple Trademarks and Copyrights, found at https://www.apple.com/legal/intellectual-property/guidelinesfor3rdparties.html, which may be amended from time to time.
3. Apple may use Your name and the name of each of Your Applications in any index of products or developers that work with Apple-branded products running iOS, watchOS, tvOS, or macOS.
4. Apple has no obligation to provide any type of support for the Applications.
5. Upon Apple’s request, You shall supply Apple, at no cost and with no obligation to return, suitable specimens of Your use of the Artwork to verify Your compliance with this Marketing Agreement.
6. Apple shall remain the exclusive owner of all rights in the Artwork. Your use of the Artwork shall exclusively inure to the benefit of Apple. You will not do anything to compromise Apple’s rights in and to the Artwork, such as filing any identical or confusingly similar trademark applications anywhere in the world.
7. THE ARTWORK IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE ARTWORK. APPLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ARTWORK, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. APPLE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE ARTWORK, OR TERMINATION OF THIS MARKETING AGREEMENT.
8. To the extent permitted by applicable law, You agree to indemnify and hold harmless, and upon Apple’s request, defend, Apple, its directors, officers, employees, independent contractors and agents (each an "Apple Indemnified Party") from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, taxes, expenses and costs, including without limitation, attorneys’ fees and court costs, incurred by an Apple Indemnified Party and arising from or related to Your use of the Artwork in any manner except as expressly permitted by this Marketing Agreement, or for any personal injury, product liability or other claim arising from the production, promotion, distribution, sale and/or offer for sale, and/or the performance of the Applications.
9. This Marketing Agreement is valid and coterminous with the Program Agreement, unless otherwise terminated per the provisions below.
10. This Marketing Agreement shall terminate automatically upon Your breach of any of the terms of this Marketing Agreement. Apple may terminate this Marketing Agreement at will upon 10 days’ written notice. If Apple terminates this Marketing Agreement, You may, except in the event that the Artwork is subject of a claim of infringement, deplete existing inventory for a period of 30 days following the notice of termination, provided such inventory is in compliance with the terms of this Marketing Agreement.
11. Any litigation or other dispute resolution between You and Apple arising out of or relating to this Marketing Agreement will take place in the Northern District of California, and You and Apple hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the state and federal courts within that District with respect any such litigation or dispute resolution. This Marketing Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of California, except that body of California law concerning conflicts of law.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if You are an agency, instrumentality or department of the federal government of the United States, then this Marketing Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America, and in the absence of applicable federal law, the laws of the State of California will apply. Further, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Marketing Agreement (including but not limited to Section 8), all claims, demands, complaints and disputes will be subject to the Contract Disputes Act (41 U.S.C. §§601-613), the Tucker Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(a) and § 1491), or the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. §§ 1346(b), 2401-2402, 2671-2672, 2674-2680), as applicable, or other applicable governing authority.
If You (as an entity entering into this Marketing Agreement) are a U.S. public and accredited educational institution, then (a) this Marketing Agreement will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state (within the U.S.) in which Your educational institution is domiciled, except that body of state law concerning conflicts of law; and (b) any litigation or other dispute resolution between You and Apple arising out of or relating to this Marketing Agreement will take place in federal court within the Northern District of California, and You and Apple hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue of such District unless such consent is expressly prohibited by the laws of the state in which Your educational institution is domiciled.
This Marketing Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any clause of this Marketing Agreement to be unenforceable for any reason, that clause of this Marketing Agreement shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Marketing Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
12. You shall promptly notify Apple in writing of any change in Your physical or electronic address via the App Store Connect tool and/or the Apple Developer website.
13. The terms of this Marketing Agreement are the entire and final understanding between You and Apple concerning the Artwork.