Apple’s privacy pillars in focus

RSS for tag

Discuss the WWDC21 session Apple’s privacy pillars in focus.

Posts under wwdc21-10085 tag

2 Posts

Post

Replies

Boosts

Views

Activity

Making updates to the app privacy settings via a new build
Hello there, I have a question regarding app privacy settings upon submitting a new build. The previous version had tracking functionalities but the new one will not. The question is if the updates on the app privacy settings regarding this are allowed with the submission of the new build or are they going to propagate over the existing, released build and thus we cannot change it from "tracking" to "not tracking"?
0
0
594
Mar ’22
Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing REJECTED
I was passed the review and submit to the apple store. But when I updated the new app version and submit again I got rejected... Here is the message from Apple: Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing We noticed you collect data to track after the user selects "Ask App Not to Track" on the App Tracking Transparency permission request. Specifically, we noticed your app accesses web content you own and collects cookies for tracking after the user asked you not to track them. Next Steps To resolve this issue, please revise your app so that you do not collect data for tracking purposes if the user does not give permission for tracking. Resources Tracking is linking data collected from your app with third-party data for advertising purposes, or sharing the collected data with a data broker. Learn more about tracking. See Frequently Asked Questions about the new requirements for apps that track users. Please see attached screenshot for details. Which features do I need to remove and revise or something wrong with my privacy policy setting? Please Help..!
1
0
6.5k
Mar ’22
Making updates to the app privacy settings via a new build
Hello there, I have a question regarding app privacy settings upon submitting a new build. The previous version had tracking functionalities but the new one will not. The question is if the updates on the app privacy settings regarding this are allowed with the submission of the new build or are they going to propagate over the existing, released build and thus we cannot change it from "tracking" to "not tracking"?
Replies
0
Boosts
0
Views
594
Activity
Mar ’22
Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing REJECTED
I was passed the review and submit to the apple store. But when I updated the new app version and submit again I got rejected... Here is the message from Apple: Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing We noticed you collect data to track after the user selects "Ask App Not to Track" on the App Tracking Transparency permission request. Specifically, we noticed your app accesses web content you own and collects cookies for tracking after the user asked you not to track them. Next Steps To resolve this issue, please revise your app so that you do not collect data for tracking purposes if the user does not give permission for tracking. Resources Tracking is linking data collected from your app with third-party data for advertising purposes, or sharing the collected data with a data broker. Learn more about tracking. See Frequently Asked Questions about the new requirements for apps that track users. Please see attached screenshot for details. Which features do I need to remove and revise or something wrong with my privacy policy setting? Please Help..!
Replies
1
Boosts
0
Views
6.5k
Activity
Mar ’22