iOS 14 Beta Battery drain on iPhone 6s

I have installed the beta iOS 14 on my iPhone 6s and the battery drains pretty fast

Replies

moyer678 for the win!
I’ve just spent an hour on the phone to Apple and managed a battery countdown .. whilst they ran a diagnostic.. my iPhone 6s ran great until I downloaded Ios14.3.. after this you can actually do a countdown as you watch the battery drain.... you won’t be surprised that the diagnostic showed no issues.
personally, I wish Apple would get rid of the aluminium and cutting edge quality because let’s be honest they deliberately brick your phone after a few years so why do quality.... it’s an insult to pay a £1000 for a phone just to have the manufacturer press the button.... mines clearly the logan’s run edition....
just to add, my works Samsung galaxy hasn’t missed a beat and the battery lasts DAYS .... not hours (sorry minutes under iOS 14.3

on the plus side my friendly Apple rep said I could buy a new one.. to add to my Aluminium collection 😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Posted answer by moyer678 worked!! Try it.
I have the similar issue. Looking at the battery usage, it is strange that battery charge suddenly drops in 1-2 hour window when phone is not in use.It got to be some background creep. Looking usage in that time window shows
Settings using 68% and Home and Lock screen using 24% and "Recently deleted apps" using 6%, really, after an app is deleted, it is still using battery? really??
This is just ridiculous to charge phone every 5 hours and battery drains this fast when not in use. Before IOS 14.3 upgrade battery was fine. Apple, please provide a fix asap.
Hello,

I just received an update on yesterday afternoon for my Iphone 6S : IOS 14.3.
I encountered a battery drain of 50% this night in plane mode...
Exactly the same problem on an iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 7 Plus. There is definitely an issue with the most recent OS release in that it absolutely drains the battery. I experimented with wiping the phone completely and doing a net new install with no new apps and the problem remained (battery drains very quickly).

Also, now the "Important Battery Message" is saying your battery's health is significantly degraded yet I replaced the battery on the 6s Plus just 1.5 years back.

Another Apple OS14.3 "benefit" is that the phone will periodically automatically "reboot" (black screen with spinning dial and then Apple logo) when just using the phone as I have used it for the past 4+ years.

Clearly a move to obsolete older phones and get people to upgrade or just poor quality control (not sure which is actually worse).

Bad form Apple - shame on you!
iPhone 7, Airplane mode, 100% to 0% overnight
89% Battery health
9 month in use
Its starting from 14.2 and continue in 14.3
Try Recovery and Update, try 14.4 Beta, nothing help
Good job Apple, literally killing "old" device
Im on iPadOS 14.4 beta 2 and it always says not charging when my iPad is plugged into the charger plz tell if something like this is happening to anyone else
iOS 14.3 has ruined my life, phones battery life has destroyed by this version iOS. I am really upset. I can’t understand how do i stop unnecessary battery draining. Followed so many suggestions from different sources but no result.
Is there any fruitful suggestions for me ?
same here -- updated to 14.3 and now my battery drains without any phone use. I can't even listen to podcasts while I take a walk. My battery (which I've already replaced) says its "health" is 95%. what the ****, Apple?
IOS14.3 has been the worst for my iPhone XR.

It was fully charged and now at less than 20% in 4.5 hours... I have never had to charge my phone more than once every 1.5 days.

Device was bought new, 18 months ago and battery at 89%

Incredibly disappointed.
Im using 7 + when I updated to ios14.3 the phone started to drain the battery very fast. It’s not that much good i kept my phone with 50% charge in night and in morning it’s been only 18% with out any usage . Now a days apple s**.
please make a solution for this.
#batteryissues#batterydrain#ios14.3
Well, Apple succeeded in its Phone Bricking Project.

My 2016 SE became unusable due to iOS 14.3's amazing 100-to-zero in the blink of an eye battery trick.

I took the plunge and bought a brand new SE2020.

Guess what?

Running iOS 14.3, its battery life is WORSE than my old phone.

If Steve Jobs were alive today, I swear every single Apple software engineer would be fired for sheer incompetence.

once again, they kill battery life. Want us to get a new phone they do.
My phone needs charged twice a day now and it’s slow charging too ***
I've been following this and many other threads on the issue, as my iPhone 6s is also affected.

I am sad to report that none of the solutions seemed to work. The problem appeared after upgrading from 14.2 to 14.3.
Upgrade to 14.4 RC has not helped either. Installing a new battery made 0 difference.

I am in the position where I must charge the phone semi permanently to be able to use it for a bit of email checking. Anything more than that the battery is dead within 10 minutes. The phone is warm/hot even while cycling around at 0°C

I had a good experience with the phone for the past 5,5 years, but now am contemplating changing ecosystems.
Otherwise my options are:
  1. Either buying a new phone for 1000+€ or

2. Buying refurbished/used older model for 400+€ in which case I will be having the same problems in a couple of years seeing as Apple is so big on planned obsolesence.

It might be cheaper to pay the fines for the planned obsolsence cases but in the long run I hope consumers will not put up with this. At the very least I will not be giving you my hard earned money again.