ios 14 keyboard not appearing

ios 14 beta 2, iphone 5se
in mail app, and others:
keyboard does not appear when responding to email.
cant type anything.

if a response box appears - as in messages - keyboard does appear.

i cant work around this bug and my iphone is nearly unworkable in this beta.
any suggestions?

• Resetting my keyboard dictionary fixed it for me.

Add a Comment

Replies

I presume that this forum has a Moderator (?). Can I suggest that they take this issue up with Apple as a priority.

I have raised the issue via a bug report but Apple make it quite clear that they can't respond. Personally, seeing as this problem has been outstanding for 9 months or more, I have no faith that Apple are actively working on the issue and trying to resolve.

I've updated my iPhone SE (2nd Gen) today to the latest IOS 14.5 and the the issue still persists.

If anyone from Apple accesses the Community Forum to see what it's Users are saying, I for one would be grateful of some feedback on this issue instead of being continually left in the dark

Hey Guys,

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14.5.1

For me the issue started after pairing a Bluetooth keyboard. Since then, the display keyboard does not show up in several occasions (WhatsApp for example is still working). Browsing in Safari and also confirming PIN for upgrading to 14.6 was also not working (using Bluetooth Keyboard is working all the time, but I did not rember that it was connected). On sceen keyboard simply does not show up if my Bluetooth Keyboard is connected. Which acutally makes sense, but can be confusing and annoying. After "Forgetting" the device (or turning Bluetooth off), everything is working as it was.

Cheers Andreas

I had the problem of disappearing keyboard only yesterday. I tried all the suggestions in this support group but none worked until I turned off my bluetooth. No, its back to business. I hope Apple will take a bite out of this apple soon. .

Another 2 months gone and no resolution from Apple to this bug. Have to turn off blue tooth to set the time in schedule. One of a number of bugs associated with blue tooth being on and keyboard not appearing. Really disappointed in Apple and their inability to address this issue !!

My iphone 12pro max have that problem, too Then i just reset my phone so it worked for every app

I had same problem on my ipad 1st genaration (ios 15). I resolve that by rebooting ipad.

I've been experiencing this bug since the release of iOS 15. Still exactly the same. The keyboard "appears" transparent (still tappable). Accessibility Settings solution works (not sure if 100%), but it's not a solution, to destroy great (animated) experience to solve a keyboard bug. Apple, please fix it ASAP. It has been too long already.

I had same problem on my iPad Air (4. gen ios 15.3). Apple, please fix it!

Same issue with iPad Pro 11” - very annoying. Reduce motion do NOT solve the problem🙄