ios 14 keyboard not appearing

ios 14 beta 2, iphone 5se
in mail app, and others:
keyboard does not appear when responding to email.
cant type anything.

if a response box appears - as in messages - keyboard does appear.

i cant work around this bug and my iphone is nearly unworkable in this beta.
any suggestions?

• Resetting my keyboard dictionary fixed it for me.

Add a Comment

Replies

This is really very very frustrating.. this is still happening and not sure how apple is treating this critical things. And the worst part is keyboard is not getting pop-up while entering OTP. I have to disable Bluetooth for a while for a quick fix.
Add me to the list of people who are angry and frustrated with this. Please fix this! I cannot log into sites or put in verification information. You are effectively holding my
iphone internet hostage with this. Get it fixed, please or I will have to give up on iPhone.
Finally!!! I had been sorted out the issue. :)

After iOS 14.2 update on iPhone keyboard issue started but luckily sorted out after three days.

You just need to disable your WIFI and Bluetooth on mobile and check. It's working smoothly everywhere.

I come to know because in morning session, it functioning well when my GOQii watch is not connected.

Now i tried everywhere with manual disable the Bluetooth.
Thanks to the people on this forum, for letting me know to switch of Bluetooth.
Apple team , this is a priority 1 defect.
Not able to scan QR code or Compose a new Mail , I wasted my 2days and reset the phone multiple times.
Even your Apple Service Center should be informed - wasted my time at the Service center with no resolution in 2 visits.
Kindly communicate to your Service centers atleast.
Found this solution, thanks to this forum- while doing a Google search - would have switched to an Android phone tomorrow after using iPhones right from iphone3.
Some problem. After disable smartwatch in BT settings all OK. After this BT can be ON.

Before i found this Solutions, 2x complete reinstall iPhone SE
I got the same problem, IPhone 12 (iOS 14.3) if a try to write an email with Mail App or Gmail App or if a try to fill out a form in Safari the virtual keyboard do not appear. I need to storm off the Bluetooth to fix this.

My question is: What is the relationship between the Bluetooth and the virtual keyboard? 🧐
I had this problem and after trying everything it turns out it was because I had Bluetooth turned on. Soon as I turned it off I could compose emails etc. Odd fault.
Turn Bluetooth off. Hey presto it works!
Fixed it! I turned off Bluetooth and my keyboard appeared - but knew that would not be a long-term fix. Then I deleted the App (on my screen) for a fitness watch I downloaded a few hours ago; and also deleted the product from my list of Bluetooth devices. All good now. Looks like the $40 I spent on the fitness watch is down the drain.
I've got a similar problem and unfortunately disabling Bluetooth does not help.

In some apps (those running in a Web Container, i.E. PWAs I have added to home screen) the virtual keyboard stops appearing at some point. Only a reboot will fix it - after which it will appear at first, but it always stops working after a short time. I've tried to disable/enable Scribble because I thought that might be the issue, this makes no difference.

Edit I have the accessibilty dot on screen and that does jump to the top when I focus on an input field. Almost as if the keyboard was popping up, but either behind the container or otherwise not visible

It works fine in most other applications I've tried, i.e. Browsers, Mail etc. It's only in those Web Container apps. (Seen it happen with at least two of these)

I am almost sure this started happening with 14. Am now on 14.4 (iPad Mini 5)
The same thing happened on my iPhone 12 Pro IOS 14.4
My keyboard wouldn’t appear and I couldn’t reset the keyboard because I couldn’t enter my pass code!
However, I remembered I had previously connected to a Bluetooth keyboard. My wife had plugged it in to charge it and my phone connected automatically thereby disabling the phone keyboard.
I disconnected the Bluetooth keyboard - great!
Same things happened to my iphone11 after I paired fit pro watch( not Fitbit). Forget this device from Bluetooth, then keypad came back immediately. The cheap watch was the problem.
I added a smartwatch to my IPhone SE on Monday and my keyboard disappeared, but when i turn Bluetooth off it comes back, its a pain to keep going into put Bluetooth on and off, but at least i know the issue.

Hoping this can be sorted in next update though
I have this problem on new iPhone SE running IOS 14.4.1. This appears to be a long standing problem - at least 8 months !!

I have iPad Air also running IOS 14.4.1, Bluetooth on and can create emails no problem

Come on Apple, get it sorted !!!

If they don’t fix this problem soon I’m going to Samsung I have to cut and paste from notes